Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,076 Posts
cant see shit. but let me guess its a texas cars salesman offers an AK if you buy a vehicle :shifty

·
Premium Member
18,076 Posts
good idea as long as they are law abiding citizens. The guy should have the common sense if he sees someone he thinks shouldnt have it to just say they came back denied and offer a discount on the car

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good idea as long as they are law abiding citizens. The guy should have the common sense if he sees someone he thinks shouldnt have it to just say they came back denied and offer a discount on the car
True, im kinda on the fence on this one, I could see a handgun but an assault rifle? Just seems a lil too much to me :dunno

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
True, im kinda on the fence on this one, I could see a handgun but an assault rifle? Just seems a lil too much to me :dunno

I still dont understand the mentality of ""frantic........... OMG.......... assault rifle :frantic"

How many crimes are committed with them? VERY VERY few.

Just because the military uses something sort of similar in war, does not mean they are something to be feared, or treated special in civilian sales and usage.

I dont see issue with handguns OR rifles :dunno

Shitty people will get a gun if they want to do bad things with them. :dunno

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I still dont understand the mentality of ""frantic........... OMG.......... assault rifle :frantic"

How many crimes are committed with them? VERY VERY few.

Just because the military uses something sort of similar in war, does not mean they are something to be feared, or treated special in civilian sales and usage.

I dont see issue with handguns OR rifles :dunno

Shitty people will get a gun if they want to do bad things with them. :dunno
Ya I see your point, I guess criminals will get them on the black market anyway. I was just thinking of it from a law enforcement perspective as I'm sure a LEO would rather have a firefight against a handgun than a 7.62 round :biggrin

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
it does happen. Sure.

But how many officers are fired uppon, and killed by handguns each year, or crimes commited with handguns, compared to assault rifles.

Crimes with assault rifles are RARE. Very rare. There is really no valid reason for the "fear" of them the "antis" have.

Then when it comes to handguns, crimes committed with handguns acquired legally are EXTREMELY rare as well, hence why gun control laws do not work. Bad guys dont care about control laws.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it does happen. Sure.

But how many officers are fired uppon, and killed by handguns each year, or crimes commited with handguns, compared to assault rifles.

Crimes with assault rifles are RARE. Very rare. There is really no valid reason for the "fear" of them the "antis" have.

Then when it comes to handguns, crimes committed with handguns acquired legally are EXTREMELY rare as well, hence why gun control laws do not work. Bad guys dont care about control laws.
Totally agree, and your right that is why gun control does not work

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
It's not an actual gun they get, but a voucher for one at a gun dealer. They still have to go through an FBI NICS background check when they use the voucher towards the purchase of a gun at a dealer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts