Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

441 - 460 of 496 Posts

·
IMMITIGABLY VERBOSE DUDE
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #441
great, could you have used a thinner adapter?

It came this way used... so I simply used it "as-is". Very fortunate I could make it work, I think... had it laying around a couple years, should have done it sooner!

The plumbing is a little awkward yet, but I'm all "function" over "form"... so as long as it works, I'm happy for now. :)

-crisp

·
Registered
158 Posts
I noticed your inline filter is hanging next to your carb. Is this by design or by fault. I'm also having fuel issues with my 89 and thinking of extending my lines to the rh side frame to aid installation and to give a visual idea on fuel flow. Do you have any air bubble problems?

·
IMMITIGABLY VERBOSE DUDE
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #444
I noticed your inline filter is hanging next to your carb. Is this by design or by fault. I'm also having fuel issues with my 89 and thinking of extending my lines to the rh side frame to aid installation and to give a visual idea on fuel flow. Do you have any air bubble problems?

Davo,

I did that for two reasons:

1) The tight fit and orientation of the Pingel Valve made the line route naturally in that direction...

2) Having dealt with some fuel flow issues, I wanted a "window" to see how flow was behaving while "on-the-fly".

I don't know that I will keep it this way, but it works for now. I haven't noticed "air bubbles" per say, but the filter is not "solid-full" when running. You can see the fuel is being "consumed" and filling/flowing as you go. Can't look down at it very easily at full-throttle in upper gears though, so still unclear if it really keeps up at WFO with this setup. The Pingel is a huge nozzle, and my hose has a "step-down" transition to the pictured hose & filter. I'd like to find a matching diameter filter and then split to two feeds into carbs from the larger line next.

-crisp

·
Registered
158 Posts
I've taken a leaf out of your book and extended the lines. Definitely not the prettiest but very functional. I've got both Inline filters on the rh side and it makes it very easy to check fuel flow. I will probably keep it this way until registered.

·
IMMITIGABLY VERBOSE DUDE
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #446
I've taken a leaf out of your book and extended the lines. Definitely not the prettiest but very functional. I've got both Inline filters on the rh side and it makes it very easy to check fuel flow. I will probably keep it this way until registered.

Make sure you don't "snag" the lines with knees, etc... and accidentally cause a line leak. Also, I am using "plastic" inline filter this time, although I have used glass type in the past. Someone discouraged the glass because in the event of a tap or even small drop or bump, you can cause quite a spill of fuel.

Post pics if you like. I know my lines may not be conventional, and someone may have some words of wisdom to add if they see what we'be done... maybe good, maybe not so good, but I'm always open to "been there, done that" or any greater wisdom on the matter than my own limited perspective. ;)

-crisp

·
Premium Member
4,680 Posts
Hey Crisp,

I've been cobbling together a decent set of plastics for my Limited and now whenever I look at it, I can't help but think of your Frankengixer. I'll paint it back to OEM over the winter but for now, I kind of like it in a weird way.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Stumbling upon this thread before work this morning made me quite a bit late. Good thing the boss and I both love bikes. I wish I had 1/2 the pics of my previous bikes and bike adventures!

·
The other OG
6,334 Posts
Stumbling upon this thread before work this morning made me quite a bit late. Good thing the boss and I both love bikes. I wish I had 1/2 the pics of my previous bikes and bike adventures!
years ago a family up the road had collectable cars -Hudson,cussos
old dodge, dodge truck,f100 and never took pics to show people when talking about cars they had owned so I decided
to take pics of my possessions and just about everything related to bikes/cars

·
Premium Member
4,680 Posts
years ago a family up the road had collectable cars -Hudson,cussos
old dodge, dodge truck,f100 and never took pics to show people when talking about cars they had owned so I decided
to take pics of my possessions and just about everything related to bikes/cars
I'd add that there's no time like the present to start taking photos of your projects, places you've been to and friends who've been with you along the journey.

·
IMMITIGABLY VERBOSE DUDE
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #454
I take thousands of photos... of just about everything...

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1443064266.843882.jpg
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1443064285.007126.jpg
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1443064326.656896.jpg

...like the massive fillet I slow-cooked last night and this premium Japanese brew that went with it... :D

Oh, and cars and bikes and stuff, too... ;)

-crisp

·
IMMITIGABLY VERBOSE DUDE
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #455
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1443064542.664093.jpg

Hey, what do you know... that's my foot.

(If you look closely by my heel on the flatscreen is a small Kermit the Frog made from my daughter's modeling clay... just because.) :)

-crisp

·
IMMITIGABLY VERBOSE DUDE
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #459
Honestly, I don't know... it's the friend of a cyber acquaintance who is in the European block somewhere... maybe one of the Scots? I understand that is an S&S carb and a guy my contact knows makes the snout. Like you say, this thing just looks awesome! Old-skool blow-through (draw-through) carbureted turbo.

- crisp

441 - 460 of 496 Posts
About this Discussion
495 Replies
76 Participants
kiwisuzuki1100
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing