Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fear not K5 owernes. it was a CBR1000.
It broke right under its tank on both side just above its welds.
The guy low sided at about 30MPH and the bike slid and hit a 4 wheel drives front wheel and snaped clean in half. We disconnected the front end of the bike by cutting the harness with a pair of plias. It happend about 3 corners behind me.The rider is OK he got a broken collar bone.
Anybody who thinks the frame on the K5 is thin you shoul see how paper thing this thing is.
I`ll post the pics when I get them.

·
Registered
548 Posts
HA... the 954 was a better bike anyways
. And everybody always says honda's have better build quality... I knew all this GSXR stuff was
. Back to saving for my K5. Now I can do it with confidence

·
Registered
432 Posts
Holy shit, so my K5 isnt a piece of shit? Who knew!

·
Banned
14,060 Posts
Fear not K5 owernes. it was a CBR1000.
It broke right under its tank on both side just above its welds.
The guy low sided at about 30MPH and the bike slid and hit a 4 wheel drives front wheel and snaped clean in half. We disconnected the front end of the bike by cutting the harness with a pair of plias. It happend about 3 corners behind me.The rider is OK he got a broken collar bone.
Anybody who thinks the frame on the K5 is thin you shoul see how paper thing this thing is.
I`ll post the pics when I get them.
Some how this will end up being an issue with the 05 1K.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Some how this will end up being an issue with the 05 1K.
Yep, now its not even required to be a K5, rather just being in close to one on the road will weaken any bikes frame and cause it to get Suzuki frame snappiolitis.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
My buddy has an rc-51 TANK that has a snapped frame. He went down at like 30 mph/50kmh and it went nose first into a pole.

People still pay $18,000 CDN for one of those things and it's 2000 vintage.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Ouch

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
30 M.P.H.? I've got to pull out the
flag.
Mate I`m giving you the facts.
Check the twisties in the first pic.
The point is ya don`t have to be going that hard for this sought of damage to occur if something is coming the other way.

·
Registered
214 Posts
30 mph BULL SHISM. Maybe after it got ran over twice. Crash.

·
Registered
169 Posts
It's def. possible the guy on the bike was only going 30mph...........because if the truck was going 30mph also that would be a 60mph impact. And, if both the bike and truck were going just a little bit faster the impact could have been 80 or 100 mph. I could imagine those speeds breaking a frame. Just my .02.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Yea I dont care about the frame, I'm just glad your friend is OK. I've lost 2 very good friends in 1 month. No joke its changed me and my riding forever, its been tough the last couple of days.

·
Registered
167 Posts
That's a lot of damage for a 30 mph accident.

·
Banned
80 Posts
first off, hope dude who rode it is okay. with all this frame talk, who cares if the frame breaks when you crash. it's while i'm riding it that scares me. as long as we don't hear of any incidents where cats are riding their bikes and all of a sudden the frame snapped or riding a wheelie. haven't heard of a scenario like that yet. frame incidents have all been after a crash. be safe out there gents...

·
Registered
284 Posts
I think he worded the initial post poorly. What I think "close to the edge" is saying is that some dude was rolling along, low sided, slid into a car, and that impact broke his frame into two pieces.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts