Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
hey i just got my new 05 750 and i need to put some sliders on. I m just wonderin what kind you guys are running . I dont want to cut the body work thats my main concern. Thanks y all

·
Registered
556 Posts
+1 on Vortex but the yoydynes are nice cause you can change the puck for a loop to use as a tie down if you want to transport the bike in a truck/trailre etc.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I went with the Suzuki OEM ones. I am very pleased with them (well, as pleased as I could be without actually testing them). Some people will tell you they are too short and that's because they are under the impression that these should be called, 'save your plastic sliders.' They're not and the reason you don't want them to be long is because it creates more torque on your engine bolts/frame when you do crash. Stick with the short ones.

-Barry-

·
Registered
173 Posts
GSX-R's please read my post about short frame sliders. They are the only way to go! Long ones will only torque your engine mount bolts in a crash. Remember, they're called frame sliders not save your plastic sliders!

·
Registered
154 Posts

i am also looking around and i think i will buy these from suzuki.

But they look a little bit short, what should i do, go for the suzuki?
Hey where did you find these frame sliders at, looked all over for them and could'nt find tham anywhere. They are not on the suzuki offical website.

·
Registered
69 Posts

i am also looking around and i think i will buy these from suzuki.

But they look a little bit short, what should i do, go for the suzuki?
Hey where did you find these frame sliders at, looked all over for them and could'nt find tham anywhere. They are not on the suzuki offical website.
they are at the official suzuki website in the Netherlands www.suzuki.nl

·
Registered
69 Posts
GSX-R's please read my post about short frame sliders. They are the only way to go! Long ones will only torque your engine mount bolts in a crash. Remember, they're called frame sliders not save your plastic sliders!
so what you say is: the short ones (from suzuki) wont protect my plastick?

do you have a photo of yours?

aren't there sliders that protect both? without torque my bolts

thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
No, please stay away from the long ones. They will create an additional/unnecessary torque on your engine bolts in the event of a get off. Get the OEM sliders and instead of buying all these parts invest in a track day or riding school. If you haven't taken an MSF course, that's where you should start.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts