Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to outfit my K5 with a set of frame sliders. I purchased the R & G Racing set but I have since then seen the LSL Frame Sliders. Has anyone used these particular sliders. I like them because they are different but do they work as well as the other ones on the market? Any input is greatly appreciated.

http://www.spieglerusa.com/cfm/FrameSliders.cfm

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have them on my 03 and they by far the best sliders. If something happens you don't have to replace the whole slider.Yes they cost more then others but hey,you get what you pay for. I love them und they are the sliders alot of race teams use over in Europe.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Look for the out for repair post on this board.. I think he had those sliders and pics..

·
Registered
108 Posts
so to get a full kit from that spieglerusa.com site you'd order:

Suzuki GSX-R 1000 05 - Frame - Z550S099.1 $89.95

and THEN

the crash pads in the color of your choice @ $59.95?

is that correct? just trying to figure it out, they look pretty good.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep that is correct! I did call because I just wanted to make sure of the application. I think that they are different and I think that they will look pretty good on the bike but most of all, I just want to make sure that if the bike goes down, will it protect like the others on the market or better. I do think that I will give them a shot and I will just sell the R & G frame sliders that I purchased.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I am looking for the longer 5 inch frame sliders. Does anyone know where I can get these for a K5.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
so to get a full kit from that spieglerusa.com site you'd order:

Suzuki GSX-R 1000 05 - Frame - Z550S099.1 $89.95

and THEN

the crash pads in the color of your choice @ $59.95?

is that correct? just trying to figure it out, they look pretty good.
You could order like three sets of regular ones for that price.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I just orderd some white Shogun sliders off of kneedragger.com. no cutting the fairing on the left side and cost is 40 bucks. Dude even called me to let me know it would be about 5 days.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
You won't beat R&G's, they're used by all the race-teams over here, where they're made. I personally have used two pairs and they've saved LOTS of damage, you just can't beat them.. Do you want sliders that save your bike/wallet, or pretty looking things? lol

·
Registered
93 Posts
Go with the LSL. The cheapper sliders gonna bend and can do alot of damage to your frame. I saw and did expierince it my self with just a low speed crash on the track. Wouldn't have happen'd with the LSL. Like I said before, you get what you pay for. If you buy the cheap sliders, it's better to put nothing on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts