Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone making frame sliders for the original gixxer? Or for Bandit 600/1200's?

It'd be nice insurance against lowsides...if it happened.

·
Registered
92 Posts
www.totalperformanceracing.com
That is Neal's new website (that is still under construction by me). It is an easier address to remember rather than www.angelfire\my\race...
While Neal hasn't spun a set up for an original gixxer, one of our goods friends has a project 86 that we can measure up if you are interested.
Neal has made lots of his billet aluminum sliders for lots of gixxer members and everyone to date has been extremely happy with the product and enthusiasm supplied by Neal and TPR!
Good luck.

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's the bracket that holds the slider and the length of slider that needs to be worked out. It could just mount to the motor.

Oh well...

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Presents a problem. If you mount it to the motor, then you tear up the frame running in front of and under the motor when it crashes, putting the alignment out at the least or destroying the frame at worst. Double cradles don't lend themselves to frame sliders. Hell, some of the modern bikes are twanging frames because the sliders don't snap soon enough (ie too strong).

You could set up sliders with the later water pumpers that have the head stanchion from the top frame member to the head, but I'd still gamble on replacing bodywork than looking for a new frame.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts