Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put frame sliders on my 7/11 and my 1100. Has anyone done this? I put them on the wife's 600 and it was too easy. I want a set on my Gixxes. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Ok, common question, but unfortunately the answer is No One makes frame sliders for the oil\water cooled gixxers, there is no where to mount them effectively/or safely if you were really hard up for a set of sliders you could tap them into the head bolts where the fairings attach but if you lay it down you are screwed.
so sorry it is a no go on frame sliders, swing-arm and bar end sliders are about all you can do, look at old yosh race bikes no sliders there either...
-Karl

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by KJ1:
Ok, common question, but unfortunately the answer is No One makes frame sliders for the oil\water cooled gixxers, there is no where to mount them effectively/or safely if you were really hard up for a set of sliders you could tap them into the head bolts where the fairings attach but if you lay it down you are screwed.
so sorry it is a no go on frame sliders, swing-arm and bar end sliders are about all you can do, look at old yosh race bikes no sliders there either...
-Karl
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thanks Karl.
I kinda hate that.
See ya.
Mike

·
Registered
461 Posts
back in the old days, all anyone had were hardend engine cases.
I have seen some motor protectors for the bandit that might be fitted, but would require cutting the plastic.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by karl_1052:
back in the old days, all anyone had were hardend engine cases.
I have seen some motor protectors for the bandit that might be fitted, but would require cutting the plastic.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I think I may try the Bandit ones. They are fairly cheap. I design powdercoating equipment. I think I will powder them another color to match the plastic. I will take pics.
Chainrash

1 - 6 of 6 Posts