Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I would rather do retro fit. Anyway, why didn't you put HID in your projector instead of making your high beam HID?
I don't know exactly what you mean, but the prokector is HIGH beam (stock). I just left it that way. I have some other plans for the projector.

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
yes, constatine I work at a dealership. Parts unlimited has the hodbodies racing db. Its in stock. I ordered mine friday. Ill post pics when I get in on. It is the dark smoke. I think puig has some, but they dont show pics on their site. Just pics of the 05 06 1000.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
If anyone is interested I have some projectors for sale for a retro fit. I have 2005 acura tsx projectors. Ill take 100 per projector. Thats what I paid for them.
You want to trade with E55 Bi-xenon by any chance? I was going to sell it for $80. If you're interested, I'll pay the difference. I only have one E55 and only need one TSX.

·
Premium Member
26,774 Posts
Thats so weird... The k4 and k5 600 and 750s came with HID, but the k6 doesnt......
are ya talking about???? There are NO HID's on the 2004/5 600 and 750's.

njracer

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
THINK HE MEANT TO SAY PROJECTORS, BUT WE HAVE PROJECTORS ON THE 06 LOL BY THE WAY i JUST GOT THE WIND SCREEN IN FROM HOTBODIES. i HAVE YET TO INSTALL IT, ILL POST PICS IN A LITTLE WHILE.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Nice kill on the HID, something i'll want to do to mine as well... (Converted my GTO low beam projectors to HID's right after I bought it, night and day difference!)

Any problems with light scatter causing glare with the HID in the low beam like that? I'd almost swap the high beam only for the sake of it having a good cutoff pattern.

Speaking of, which bulbs does the K6 use for the low/high beam?

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
yeah, I installed hids in my friends gto. the projectors. I put yellow bulbs in his high beams. It looks pretty sweet. I'll eventually do hids like constatine, but for now im gonna stick with the replacement bulbs, and save up for some exhuast if they ever come out with a decent look system.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Are there any frame sliders out that you don't have to cut the fairing? I am picking up my new 600 in a few days and don't want to cut the fairing. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
758 Posts
r and g frame sliders, ordered mine yesterday. Went ahead and cut the hole for them the day before. I hated doing that.
I'm going to assume it uses the pre-cut hole on the other side of the bike for the other? I wonder why their is a hole on one side and not the other... Odd they'd do that.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
r and g frame sliders, ordered mine yesterday. Went ahead and cut the hole for them the day before. I hated doing that.
I'm going to assume it uses the pre-cut hole on the other side of the bike for the other? I wonder why their is a hole on one side and not the other... Odd they'd do that.
Personally I think that they overlooked that and probably won't change it for the 07 bikes in a couple of months.

·
Registered
145 Posts
There isn't much out there yet, traditionally the Vortex jobbies don't require that you cut the fairing. I've got two sets on order and I get the feeling I'll be waiting a long time ...
I can't imagine those Vortex jobbies installing without cutting...there isn't much room, and it would have to be one hell of an offset, and i can't see any integrity in that..so it looks like drilling is the only way.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts