Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
NICE PICS CONSTATINE, CONGRATS ON THE HID UPGRADE AND THE FIRST IVE SEEN WITH SLIDERS INSTALLED. I INSTALLED JDM M-TECH BULBS. NOT HID MATERIAL BUT SO MUCH BETTER THAN STOCK. QUICK QUESTION, WHEN YOU INSTALLED THE SLIDERS DID YOU PUT THE FRAME BOLT IN, THEN PAINT THE END SO YOU COULD GET THE LOCATION RIGHT?

·
Registered
83 Posts
constantine, What kind of HID did you use? web site, price and such? Any pics without it on. Need to do a "how to" on the HID install.

cinder99, jdm M-tech buld, where you get it and price? Is it just a brighter light?
thanks guys

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice. What brand and where did you mount the ballast and igniter?
Thanks, I put the ballast and igniter inside the left fairing (kick stand side). I go the kit from www.Xenonking.com <<great people good customer service. Not cutting wires or connector required.

If anyone wants to know how to do it I can do a how to.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
QUICK QUESTION, WHEN YOU INSTALLED THE SLIDERS DID YOU PUT THE FRAME BOLT IN, THEN PAINT THE END SO YOU COULD GET THE LOCATION RIGHT?
That's exacty how I did it. Mkae sure though that you drill a little higher than the marking on the inside of the fairing, since the fairing is a little curved.
Sliders are R&G from the UK.

By the way I like your lights too

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Thats so weird... The k4 and k5 600 and 750s came with HID, but the k6 doesnt......

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
Constatine I didnt know if you changed the little wedge bulbs in the headlight. I used some from advanced. Mine are blue. They dont have alot of out-put but they match the lights perfect. I also got a set of amber ones and they dont look that bad. The amber are alot brighter than the blues. I also forgot to commend you on your rear-sets. Im feeling the black powder coat.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I like those sliders and love the HID! sucks we got to drill the fairing to get the left side on, but well worth it.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Im not saying your wrong 1k, but I dont think any suzuki at least from the U.S. has a factory hid. Ive seen them installed, but not from the factory. Correct me if im wrong.
sorry projectors....

·
Registered
76 Posts
which HID kit did you buy from them? Low beam and high beam or both and what color temperature? looks like 6k to me, thats what I got on my car. thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
from the picture you have the hid in the top and not the projector. Is the cut off line still good or is it sending. And did you get for both or just low.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I would rather do retro fit. Anyway, why didn't you put HID in your projector instead of making your high beam HID?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Constatine I didnt know if you changed the little wedge bulbs in the headlight. I used some from advanced. Mine are blue. They dont have alot of out-put but they match the lights perfect. I also got a set of amber ones and they dont look that bad. The amber are alot brighter than the blues. I also forgot to commend you on your rear-sets. Im feeling the black powder coat.
On the 600 I also put in blue lights, but you can hardly see the difference cause of the bright HID. In my 1K I put red little "wedge" lights and it looks cool next to the HID.

Powder cost cost me $40.

I need to get a db screen. Any advice on who has them in stocK?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts