Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm brand new to the motorcycle club and am planning to sign-up for a gymkhana course to build my skills and confidence on my gsx-r 600. I'm looking for recommendations for frame sliders (or other crash protection) for my 2008 bike. Currently I'm looking at Evotech, Woodcraft, and R&G, but I have a hard time believing those pucks are going to protect my bike if I dump it during the course. Any experience\suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2010 GSX-R 750
44 Posts
In my opinion, frame sliders are more for stationary drops, low speed drops and lowsides. they wont help with a high side imo, i dont think anything will considering the amount of torque the bike has when it catches and flips up and over, itll likely smash itself. most pucks i think are a poly urethane so they should grind away with little resistance in hopes they dont unreasonably catch on the pavement introducing more damage themselves. i would also look into engine covers, potentially a set of track fairings if you have the money, and do the small bits as well like extended bar ends, extended spools, extended axle sliders to get the most protection possible.

also, where are you signing up for this course? are you near toronto by any chance?

·
Yearning for a higher post count...
Suzuki GSXR 600 & 1000
579 Posts
Some of the best are T-Rex frame sliders. They are truly proven to protect. I should know as I'd had 2 bikes go down on low slides and absolutely no damage. All I needed to do was change the T-Rex puck.

Check them out.

Reactions: Megsie

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In my opinion, frame sliders are more for stationary drops, low speed drops and lowsides. they wont help with a high side imo, i dont think anything will considering the amount of torque the bike has when it catches and flips up and over, itll likely smash itself. most pucks i think are a poly urethane so they should grind away with little resistance in hopes they dont unreasonably catch on the pavement introducing more damage themselves. i would also look into engine covers, potentially a set of track fairings if you have the money, and do the small bits as well like extended bar ends, extended spools, extended axle sliders to get the most protection possible.

also, where are you signing up for this course? are you near toronto by any chance?
Thanks @Wyled !! This is exactly the kind of info I needed. I discovered frame sliders and crash cages, but didn’t know what anything else was called or what was available even. This gives me plenty to google/look-up.

Also, I’m in vancouver (sorry not Toronto). The school I use is called Pacific Riding School, and they offer a bunch of different options for different types of riders and experience.

·
Yearning for a higher post count...
Suzuki GSXR 600 & 1000
579 Posts
I see they also offer an axle slider. Have you used that part as well?
Not used those but have ordered their rear spools. Seen video that show those axle slider having saved front and/or rear so pretty dependable especially if you're a stunter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts