Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will farme sliders from an 02' 600 fit a 99' 600 with no modification? if not, what kind of frame sliders do you guys reccomend ?which are the best? and do they work pretty well? i want to start learnin how to wheelie and they look like they will help out if i drop my bike. any help would be great.

thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
645 Posts
it's possible but before you buy them.. or if you have a friend that's selling them... dont' give the money until you place the sliders on and measure for if they fit in the frame and extend just beyond the furthest protruding point on the fairing. Otherwise, if the bolts aren't long enough, you can go buy new machine bolts from a major hardware store with the right thread and length of a bolt. Make sure you crank them down when you put them in. They're also responsible for holding part of the upper engine in too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i just ordered a front and rear set today from kneedraggers.com. they are the intuitive frame sliders. well, i want to know if they are difficult to install or if they are just a direct bolt in? any think to check or be aware of when installing them? o yeah, and can anyone say that the frrame sliders have saved there bike in one case or another? thanks.
 

·
Sexy Irish Man God
Joined
·
20,879 Posts
Originally posted by gixxer600:
well i just ordered a front and rear set today from kneedraggers.com. they are the intuitive frame sliders. well, i want to know if they are difficult to install or if they are just a direct bolt in? any think to check or be aware of when installing them? o yeah, and can anyone say that the frrame sliders have saved there bike in one case or another? thanks.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You might have to cut your fairings a little bit for the front ones to fit. No big deal though


Frame sliders saved my bike earlier this year after getting hit


Pretty much bolt on though, pull your fairings, take out engine mounting bolts, put on frame sliders, torque to specs, replace fairings.

jontflesh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
241 Posts
Originally posted by gixxer600:
will farme sliders from an 02' 600 fit a 99' 600 with no modification? if not, what kind of frame sliders do you guys reccomend ?which are the best? and do they work pretty well? i want to start learnin how to wheelie and they look like they will help out if i drop my bike. any help would be great.

thanks.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I personaly have the YOSHIMURA frame sliders; they stick out about 1"inch more than the intutive sliders. But hey it's better to have any protection than (none).


RIDE HARD RIDE SAFE
JOE A.K.A. YOSH750
IN MIAMI, FL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,907 Posts
Originally posted by Yosh750:
I personaly have the YOSHIMURA frame sliders; they stick out about 1"inch more than the intutive sliders. But hey it's better to have any protection than (none).


RIDE HARD RIDE SAFE
JOE A.K.A. YOSH750
IN MIAMI, FL
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hi Joe:

Are you sure about this? I never actually took a ruler to it ... but just eyeballing them and it looks pretty obvious to me that Yosh does not stick out as far as the Intuitive ..... correct me if I'm wrong...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have to take the fairings off? SHIT! i know its not difficult but i really didnt want to have to remove them because im afraid of messin them up. they are perfect with not a nick on them and i have the feeling that i might mess them up. never taken bike fairings off(except a 02 triumph 955,but they snap in and use allen head screw things). any info i should know about taking them off? do i have to take the lower fairing off and then the two side fairings? thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,907 Posts
I have Intuitive Sliders ... I did not need to take the fairings off in order to install them.
 

·
Sexy Irish Man God
Joined
·
20,879 Posts
Originally posted by gixxer600:
i have to take the fairings off? SHIT! i know its not difficult but i really didnt want to have to remove them because im afraid of messin them up. they are perfect with not a nick on them and i have the feeling that i might mess them up. never taken bike fairings off(except a 02 triumph 955,but they snap in and use allen head screw things). any info i should know about taking them off? do i have to take the lower fairing off and then the two side fairings? thanks.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Um you know you need a torque wrench to tighten the sliders down too right?

Man fairings are easy, they are held on by allen bolts too. Just read your owners manual it goes into detail about taking them off. Very simple.
Migz did not have to take off his so you might luck out, it is super easy though.

jontflesh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
anyone know what the torque specs should be?
99'gsxr 600
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
751 Posts
1-888fastlap.com has them for SRAD generation GSXRs for $19!!! Can't beat that price, includes bolts also.

Ive crash tested them, they work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
Yah GIXXER600, don't sweat the fairings! It's a piece of cake, and just think about how much more of the bike you'll be able to clean then. You worry about nicks, I know you like to keep her clean! It's all in your head man. If you could do it on a Triumph, you can do it on your gixxer. I'll tell you; I just spent the last 45 friggin minutes trying to find a free list of torque settings for your scooter, and had no luck. Very frustrating. Buy the service manual, it's cheap & informative. You can probably find it used on E-Bay.

[ 01-02-2003, 01:09 PM: Message edited by: Melampus... ]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hey melampus, thanks for your attempt to find the torque specs. my sliders aren't goin to come until tuesday or wednesday so ill call up a few shops and see if anyone can give me exact numbers. i think if take the fairings off i will tape towels to them so i dont slip and scratch them. that should take care of it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
No problem man. I'm still pissed I couldn't find them though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
Well I used 02 Gixxer sliders on my 98 and it worked fine and I didn't even have to cut the fairings (didn't even remover them to install teh frame sliders). I did have to use longer bolts though and I machined a little spacer to install in the back of the sliders because they where not long enough and the 02 sliders where a little bigger in diameter than the 98s (so the spacer fixed everything). I got them for free from one of my friends so that's why I went through all this to install them but if your going to buy something new, juste get the 96 to 99 ones.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
gixxer600, i bought the intuitive sliders from kneedraggers.com also, but i got the 96-99 ones: part # EFS/FS-1 If its not too late i would call kneedraggers and ask them to switch to the right ones meant for your bike. I also looked in my manual quickly and got some torque specs for you.

Left and right front engine mounting bolts: 40.0 lb-ft 55 Nm

Pinch bolts: 16.5 lb-ft; 23 Nm

Instructions are included with the sliders if you're unsure, but it's a no-brainer. Do yourself a favor by using the search tab and look up "Service Manual" I cant remember the guy's name, Chopo something, but he sells them for 30 bucks. Definately worth the money
Oh and good luck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i did order the 96-99 ones. the only reason i asked about the 02' sliders is cause a guy on ebay had a whole set for real cheap but i just bought the correct ones from kneedraggers.com instead. still waitin for them to come, suposed to be here tuesday. will put them on as soon as they get here and let u guys know how i did.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top