Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MY mate gave me his spare set of his oggy knobs of his 750 but i cant seem to fit it on my bike its like the bolt is too short.... do i need a longer bolt or is there a way to get it in

G

·
thast strange, cos all the SRAD models are indentical in frame slider....have you tried removing the spacer? another thing could be that you have the Left and Right sides mixed up? cos i know they are of different lengths....

·
Registered
751 Posts
All sliders are NOT the same. The inner tab may be, but the slider is not. I have some the inner hole is like 13mm, hard to put a socket in. My others have a 16mm inner hole and are 1/4" shorter also.

Use a longer bolt if you have to 10mm by 1.25 if I remember right.

I broke a motor mount off, refabbed it with aluminum weld, drilled it out, put a long bolt with a nut on the end. So a long bolt can work.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes i have tried both knobs on each side but none of them fit ....I thought the 750 were the same but i guess not...hmm that is strange...i hope they sell a long bolt so i can get it in...
it would be a waste if i cant get it in..

·
Registered
751 Posts
Is the aluminum inner piece pushed in all the way? The bushing.

The 600 and 750 are the same, same frames.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes its push in all the way....But now my bolt wont even go in without the knobs i think the hole that holds the bolt is out of shape or somthing....damn ..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts