Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK,
I bought these yashimera (spelling) k5 1000 frame sliders ...
There OK, i guess. They want me to cut the left side faring, but it look s like a good shove would make it fit.

Good deal, or should I send em back?

What sliders do you use on your K5?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Motovation on mine........easy install and quality is superb.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Shogun No Cuts, they look great and are a 5 min install.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Shoguns here with no cut
Hey, I just ordered my Shoguns from kneedraggers.com and hopefully will be here in a week or so. What did you end up torqueing your bolts to? I've heard that 40 ft lbs. to be standard issue?

Opinions?

·
Registered
139 Posts
heads up guys, i just got k5 suzuki factory frame sliders in. they DO require plastic cutting. it's on the left side and it's not very much at all, 1/4" at most. you can get away with not cutting if you wanna kinda shove the frame slider in and bend the plastic a little to accomodate, but just holding it in that position chipped the paint off of the edge of the plastic. i did the install at the dealership just in case of this and returned the fuckers right away.

this isnt acceptible to me but up to yall to decide

·
Registered
139 Posts
fuck i can't decide. mv, shogun, or rg racing.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
i have the MV's but if i could change it i will definatly most defunately get teh RG's . they pul a ot fo work /detail /quality to this RG's. ive seen all three brand (vortex/MVs/RGs/Suzukis) in persoon. besides the RGs look even better with the wording on it. Go to their site RG-racing.com and buy all frame sliders, Bobbins aka Spool and teh Fork protectors. yes they have them ready to shipped!! a bit pricey but you pay for the best and its the best.

i bought the MVs frame sliders due to the way it was design and the structure of it. i bought the fork protector adn bobbins from RG's!

Surprisngly suzuki frame slider quality are pertty good accept they require you to cut the body. just a bit .

·
Registered
139 Posts
sexfreakr6, how would you compare mv vs. rg? which stick out farther?

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
the MV's ..stick out further and longer black plastic.

the RG's ..stick out almost the same but shorter black plastics.

the RGS have permanent word written outside but you can peel of the word on teh MVs which i thought was permanent. the RGs have a reasonable gap(both sides) from the body from touching. The MVs touch a bit againsnt the body on the left slider.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I really don't see how ya can't ....
There is about a 1/4" of plastic you can shove or cut. Just like ya said.
I have not put mine on yet, but I guess, based on your comment, I might as well.
You'd think Suzuki would have counted on people wanting frame sliders, and that people would not want to cut the F*'n panels. Well designe bike in my opinion, but just design the faring with a 1/4" up on the left hand side, ya goobers

My two cents ... I guess I'lll cut.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I really don't see how ya can't ....
There is about a 1/4" of plastic you can shove or cut. Just like ya said.
I have not put mine on yet, but I guess, based on your comment, I might as well.
You'd think Suzuki would have counted on people wanting frame sliders, and that people would not want to cut the F*'n panels. Well designe bike in my opinion, but just design the faring with a 1/4" up on the left hand side, ya goobe

lol good point

·
Registered
139 Posts
sexfreakr6, thanks for the info. 2 last questions... if i go with the rg's do you think i can NICELY sand/buff the white letters down? i want them to be all black. what type of metal is the rg stem made out of and does it seem beefy enough to not bend if you go down and USE them?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.