Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I finally came to the conclusion that riding on the street is not the best place to attempt to kneedrag. Three accidents in one year(miss hitting a light pole by a couple feet and a tree a second time) due to stupid rider error and road condition not ment for this type of riding. My street riding days are done. But definitely not riding completely. So my only option is hitting the track.

From what i have left of the bike, im going to make a track only bike, eventually attempt to get a race license. My question really comes down to is the frame. Cause i figure eventhough track days dont require full race prep, might as well do it now. As far as safety wiring, coolant and everything else required. So with the frame, i know that it doesnt have to have vin #'s, but in the case that it does, what kind of paperwork do i need to show, ie. bill of sale, copy of title, .... And another question, ive come across several frames but some have minimal damage. Some have scraps and some have small dings in the frame. When time to pass tech, will this limit my chances of passing and getting on the track.

I just want to get out there asap so i could better my ridding skills and possibly race also.

Thanks in advance for those that reply

Cv

·
Sexy Irish Man God
20,879 Posts
Just be sure the frame is straight and you will be ok.

I am not sure about other clubs but it would be extremely rare for them to check VIN#'s as most of us do not have matching VIN's on our motors and frames

Welcome to poverty!

·
Premium Member
3,847 Posts
Actually, CCS mandates that SuperSport machines have unaltered VIN numbers.

I wouldn't be surprised if AMA & other orgs have similiar regs concerning supersport & superstock bikes.

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
yes ama does also.

ben spies and aaron yates got fined at daytona for not having vin numbers on there bike.

but no one is ever going to say a word to you at the club level

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Yea, I got five pages of flames for admiting the same thing in General Discussion. People telling me I shouldn't be riding a motorcycle. WTF do they know? A week later I had my track bike at Taledega and I've sworn off kneedragging on public roads. I'll probably use my insurance money to buy a touring bike.

Take your bike to a GMD Computrack shop and have them measure the frame and straighten it if needed. While it's there have them set up your bike for your weight and your new "track only" mentality, get the "sweet numbers" treatment.

Spend your registration, insurance and traffic citation money on track days.

See Ya out there.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well there is a GMD computrack at Ft lauderdale, not to far from where i live.

Before i take it there ,spend money and time putting this together, I wanted to make sure im not going to get screwed and told i cant use the frame due to the vin #'s being altered or the frame having dents.

Hopefully i'll get on the track sometime this summer. I'll probably do some track days at jennings.

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
be prepaired to spend 650 to 1200 dollars. if you are not dont even pay the 180 to get it measured

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
straightend for like 650. and sweet number optimized setting for 1200

1 - 10 of 10 Posts