Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone measure from the front axle to the swing arm bolt center of both and front to rear center of axles. Than tell me how many lines are showing for chain. Thanks

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
this better be important cause its cold out side!!!

2'10 3/4" and 4' 6 1/2" AND 7 marks showing...i have a 45 tooth sprocket..

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
What happened? Why do you think your frame is bent?

Well, the measurment from the front axle to the swingarm pivot will pretty much only tell you if the front wheel is pushed. The axle to axle measurment and the number of lines showing on the chain adjusters won't mean shit, unless the chains are adjusted exactly the same on both bikes. And the adjusting marks are usually off from one side to another, so I doubt they are the same on two different bikes.

These bikes bend frames rather easily. If you crashed, and it was only a slow speed lowside and the bike didn't flip or run into anything, that you might be lucky and have a straight frame. IF it flipped, hit something, or landed at high speeds, then it is probably bent. Take it to GMD Computrack and they will check it for $150, and repairs coule be anywhere from $300 to $700, or more if it is really bad.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought the bike crashed and the fork was bent. That is why i wanted that measurement. It will give me a idea if it is bent. I know about compuhack but before i take it to them and they say it is bent(like they aways do)i would like to see. Before i pay that much to have a weak frame i will buy a new one. Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
Well, unless the frame was severly damaged, it will be just as stong after Computrack fixes it. IF there are any dents of if it was serverly bent, then it might not be as strong as a new one.

But they are much cheaper than buying a new frame, and you don't have to go through all the hassle of getting the VIN stamped on, and the hassle of removing everything and putting it on the new frame. And don't even try to tell me that you can get a new frame cheaper off of EBAY, anything you get from there is going to be bent anyway. Or stolen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts