Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the part of the frame number that denotes the engine capacity of the bike? Been offered a 90 1100 that's been streefightered but the frame number includes the numbers "750" which makes me a little sus'.

Still mighty cute though.

Advert reads:
SUZUKI GSXR 1127 N 1990 H REG STREETFIGHTER
MAGAZINE AND SHOW FEATURES ONLY DONE 11,000 MILES. ALL MATCHING ORIGINAL FRAME AND ENGINE NUMBERS. EXPENSIVE DREAM MACHINE PAINT IN BLUE AND WHITE. MAXTON USD FORKS WITH TOP YOKE CONVERSION AND FLAT BARS.
TWIN HEADLIGHTS ETC ALL MOUNTED ON CNC MACHINED ONE OFF BRACKETS. GSXR 750 WP TAIL UNIT AND TANK. GAS FLOWED HEAD, IGNITION ADVANCER, FULL VANCE AND HINES EXHAUST, DYNOJET, EARLS COOLER AND LINES AND NOS NITROUS FOGGER KIT FITTED...........200 BHP TOTAL. UNDER BRACED STANDARD SWINGER ALL GOODRIDGE BRAKE LINES AND CRANK BREATHER
NEW OHLINS REAR SHOCK, FRONT BILLET 6 POT CALIPERS. DRAGON EVO TYRES MANY MORE EXTRAS EVERYTHING POLISHED READY TO SHOW AWESOME BIKE AND VERY FAST. MUST SELL ABSOLUTE BARGAIN £3999.00

[ 07-24-2001: Message edited by: EarL ]

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Did Suzuki stop putting the model and date of production on a badge located near the front end? They did on my '86's. Failing that I'd get the VIN and get the plod to run the numbers to see if it's "warm."

If it is a 750 chassis with 1100 motor in it, so what. Lots of 7/11's running about.

It looks fookin sharp!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bcklrcr:
Did Suzuki stop putting the model and date of production on a badge located near the front end? They did on my '86's.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup they do put the plate on the front of the frame, just didn't know ifthe engine capacity is noted or whether it's just a fluke the number is 750 on the serial no'.

But like you both said.... Fuggin sharp!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Neither my 90 or 91 750 have that number in the VIN, so I would say it is a fluke.

I would run the VIN prior to purchase, not that that will mean that the bike has not been re-VINed...

Mark

·
Registered
50 Posts
If that is a picture of it in your post, it is a 1100 frame.

You can look under the clutch cover and tell. If you look close, you will see where you can unbolt the lower side rail on the frame. The 750 frame was a one piece and the 1100 had the lower that you could remove to make engine removal easier.

As for the engine cc's, just look on the left side of the cylinder where it meets the case. The stock cc's will be stamped there.

Good Luck!

[ 07-26-2001: Message edited by: Cherry871100H ]

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cherry871100H:
If that is a picture of it in your post, it is a 1100 frame.]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes it is.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cherry871100H: You can look under the clutch cover and tell. If you look close, you will see where you can unbolt the lower side rail on the frame. The 750 frame was a one piece and the 1100 had the lower that you could remove to make engine removal easier.

As for the engine cc's, just look on the left side of the cylinder where it meets the case. The stock cc's will be stamped there.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Cherry.

[ 07-26-2001: Message edited by: EarL ]

[ 07-26-2001: Message edited by: EarL ]

·
Registered
66 Posts
Both my 90 and 91 750 frames have that bolting feature. I am sure they are 750 frames, but perhaps they are different up here in Canada?

Mark

·
Registered
50 Posts
Things that make you go Hmmmmmm!

I have only had one of the older 750's and it had a one piece frame and I was told they were all like that.

Maybe some of the older 750 owners can shine a little light on this for us.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.