Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to know if anyone has the same problem I do. I went to put the kickstand down om my 04 750 when it just kept sliding and sliding and sliding. So i'm thinking what the heck. So I put my bike on a stand and low and behold the frame where the kickstand bolts to broke off. How? I have no clue. I just want to know if anyone has any advice, My buddy said he be able to weld the bolt back to the frame, but if I ever wnted to change my kick stand out im the future i wouldn't be able to. I also have an extended warr. with the dealer, do you think that is coverd? Any info would real be a great help!!

·
Premium Member
26,775 Posts
pics?????

·
Registered
337 Posts
I would have to say something out of the ordinary has caused this occurrence !

The old...." balance the bike on the kickstand" (moto-cross up)

Turning the bike around in a tight spot, as above. (dont pull in the bathroom)

Rider and passenger leaning into a turn ( in the garage)

The bike only wants to race. (motogp)

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
It sounds like too many times trying to fuck your woman with the bike on the side stand...........

Get some aftermarket stands to do that shit!

·
Mightiest Sorcerer of the Lands a.k.a. Rhinocerous
22,048 Posts
I turn My bike On the stand some times when in a tigth spot. Is it that Harmful?
FUCKING DUH!!!!

Let me think for just a moment here. Would pivoting a 350 lb motorcycle on a 1 or maybe 1.5 inch steel shaft, with a bend in it, be stressful or harmful to the small ear of aluminum coming off of your frame?

Ya, I'd fuckin say so.

Learn how to back your shit up, there's no reason to need to pivot your bike on the stand. Unless you're making super-cool stunt videos to teach others how to fuck their shit up like the pros.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
That is fucking hilarious Blaise!!

Damn......... now I have to change my undies and shampoo the carpeting.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I have seen people do that spin on R6's and you should see the kickstand wobble all over the place. The R6's use a 3/8" steel rod for a stand. I can just see the thing snapping off whild turning the bike around and down it goes.

But yes, the spin thing is putting undo stress on the stand and frame mount. I would stop doing this move for the rest of your life. Some simple planning before you park your bike will assure that you never have to turn you bike around olike that again.

Im sure you could take it to the dealership and have it fixed/replaced. The extended warrantee will cover a frame crack if the bike has not been layed down. It can be considered a fault in the machining/manufacturing of the frame.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts