Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had asked on an earlier post about a 88-92 (750) Twin clicker fitting an 86-87 750.most replies said no and others said it would be expensive. the later model has a "Y" yoke and the earlier has a "eye" yoke on the bottom.The earlier fox didnt have a ride height adjustment so fox didnt have a eye yoke for the ride height adjustment. Instead of swapping to a later swing arm and the mods required for that,I went to a local race car chasis shop and bought a 5/8 rod end used on four link suspensions.Now I have a Ride height adjustable Twin clicker that will bolt on my 87 with no mods. the Fox is less than 1/4 inch longer than the stock shock at its lowest adjustment.So if you want better rear suspension without the pain of swapping swingarms go to a salvage yard find a Fox and bolt it on,even if you have it rebuilt it should be cheaper than any alternatives I found.The rod end was only $11.00.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I just wanna go to a salvage yard that has a fox shock for my '91 Gixxer....for like $25.00...Could you tell me where that's at.
Just messin' with you!
You have your thinking cap on, good deal for you!!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No pictures yet,We have a good camera but we are having problems down loading to our home computer.When I take some I'll have my wife down load them on her lap top to a floppy and see if I can transfer them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts