Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a fairly early production Fox twin clicker racing shock for the ‘85-‘87 750. It has an aluminum body and the early, smaller diameter reservoir housing. It’s correct for what you would have bought in that era. Later production shocks used shorter, larger reservoirs. It’s complete and has been partially disassembled for restoration and a rebuild. A new adjustment knob for the reservoir is included.

Any reputable motorcycle suspension shop can rebuild one of these, or you can do it yourself. It’s not a difficult process. If you want to do a cosmetic restoration, you can do that before shipping it off to have it rebuilt, as the suspension shops don’t do cosmetic restorations.

These are the best option for an aftermarket shock for a first generation 750 and are getting harder to find.

Asking for $450/OBO, plus shipping from Dallas,Texas.

Circuit component Electronic component Auto part Household hardware Machine
Circuit component Electronic component Auto part Household hardware Machine

·
Premium Member
5,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I posted this for sale on Facebook, and linked it to the AHRMA group, for shits and giggles. Some senile old coot there thought it was funny, so I suppose that has to do with the fact that I am trying to sell this disassembled. Let me explain.

Most people don’t know how to disassemble a shock, and probably wouldn’t even attempt it. Race Tech, Lindemann Engineering and all the others are happy to service and rebuild them, but they don’t do any cosmetic restoration. So you can send them your shock, they will send you back one that works just fine, it will just look like it’s 35 years old and the dog had a fight with it. I find that unacceptable.

If you buy this, in its disassembled form, you can refinish the half dozen parts that would benefit from that, then send it to the suspension guru of your choice for rebuilding.

I plan on making a new reservoir body for another shock that I have; if you buy the shock from me I’ll make a new one for you too, at whatever my cost is. I’ve spent some time talking to the engineers that were working for Fox back in those days, so I know how they made these things.

Or, I could screw it all back together if that’s your preference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts