Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lol! this was not my original plan, but i crashed last year, and haven't given this first gen the time it deserves, so i decided to run a spare set of 86 750 blue/white fairings on my red/black track-bike to ride at sonoma raceway last weekend.

the bike always gets attention and thumbs up, and the best part is that it performs well on the track. my plan is to repair some of the "repairable" red/black fairings and run it all red/black again and get my blue/white first gen track-bike running again.

·
Premium Member
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the exhaust headers and mid-pipe are regular yoshimura 85-87 750. the yoshimura rs3 canister fits, since it is 50mm.
the spring mounting is a bit different, but the springs still attach. i might switch back to a more original yoshimura canister.

What header and midpipe setup is that? Assuming its been retrofitted to accept the modern Yoshimura can? Looks good.

·
Premium Member
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1995 GSXR 750 forks and 6-piston calipers

1991 GSXR 750 front wheel and rotors

·
Premium Member
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the stem and steering bearings fit right into the frame. the upper triple clamp will have to be modified to fit the first gen key ignition, though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts