Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Ditchard the High Maintenance Squirrel
60,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forum etiquette for new members

Welcome! This forum is full of good people and good information. Read and learn.

- First and foremost, this is a public forum. If you cannot handle criticism, do not ask for opinions. When you make any comments, asks questions or post pictures you are opening yourself up for all comments…the good, the bad and the ugly.
- If you have a non-specific question about a subject such as oil, exhaust, tires, break in period, so on and so forth…use the search button. It is located close to the middle of the page on the right side. Simply type in a topic such as “SET removal” and a list of all related threads will be generated.

- Along the same lines as the search button, keep in mind that there are many other forums on this site other than this one. There are separate forums that address gear, tech advice, stunts, so on and so forth. If you can’t find your answer in this particular forum, look elsewhere.

- Basically, it is your bike and your life…you can do what you want with both. However, most of us our concerned with safety. If you post a comment such as “I took a 350Z today going 150mph” or “I successfully ran from the cops”…expect to get flamed. Believe it or not, most of us are concerned with your safety and the safety of others that occupy the same roads.

- For lack of a better term, “respect your elders”. There are many people on this forum that have been riding/racing for years if not decades. I have learned a lot from them and you can also. When people give advice, try to drop your ego and listen…chances are that they have “been there and done that”. When they give you advice on something, it is usually because they learned the hard way. Read and learn and maybe you can avoid making those same mistakes.

Now start posting!!!!

Ride safe.

Chris

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,387 Posts
Good luck with this buddy! The search sucks. You can't search phrases and 3 letter words are ignored. Tried "set valve" and "set removal"... both came up empty. Tried set removal without the quotes and got 500 responses with this statement:

The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search: set

Until the search function works, we just have to suffer through all the bullshit posts from lazy people who would rather ask for answers than look for them. Best way to fight this is to ignore all the repeat questions. Kinda scary that some of these people ride bikes isn't it?

·
Ditchard the High Maintenance Squirrel
60,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump :)

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Are you stalking me??????? I'm TAKEN!!! I have a woman!!!!
I'm sure you're cute... but you're not my type.

I'm warning you... I'll get a restraining order!

Hey, check this out... Imagine me doing this: :nono

1 - 20 of 49 Posts