Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some advice...
I am a former busa rider and I wrecked on a turn 4 years ago... I have ridden a honda shadow since then and i'm ready to get back into a sport bike however, I am not sure about which way to go..

I want something as fast as my old busa but lighter and easier to handle...

I test-rode my neighbors 2005 gixxer 1000 and that thing is basically exactly what I want, but my question is this:

Is the gixxer 1000 the right choice ? I can't really afford a brand new 05 model, so I will consider a used 01-04 model... and lastly, should I even bother looking at the kawasaki ninja bikes ?

thanks

·
Registered
493 Posts
they are all fantastic machines from the 4 jap maunfacturers

i have the k3 and have ridden the k5 and differences are marginal

i dont think a k3/4 will dissapoint you and can be made to surpass a k5 as and when funds allow.

to me the k3 has better low end - upto mid, k5 pips it on top marginally, but slight mods redress the difference

my views from experience

·
Registered
92 Posts
I used to have a Busa (2000 model) and traded it in for a 2001 GSXR1000, my initial reaction was shit, I'm perched on this thing whereas I felt like was sat in the Busa (if you know what I mean).
The 2001 gave way to a K4 GSXR1000 (Black limited edition, beautiful looking bike) same thing, perched on it, then I saw the black K5 GSXR1000 and it was love at first sight (again, I know!) So I bought one, what a revelation, sat in it again, yippee (I should point out at this time that I'm a short arse at 5' 8"). Handles better than the K4, stops better (with the help of EBC HH pads) and I like the silencer, no, really, I do! (a mate put a Yoshi on his and I prefer the stock can cos it's different)
So, if you like the feel of sitting in the bike, I would wait until some second hand K5s come on the market at a reasonable price.

Staffie

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had a '99 Busa and put 46k miles on it. I bought an '02 SV650 for track days and enjoyed that. Last month I sold both and chose the K5 as a combination of Busa power and SV weight. I haven't been disappointed.

Ernie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts