Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More squid ?'s

If my O.E. forks are bent, I'll replace them with O.E. or should I do a swap at this point?

I've seen SuperBike00's web site with his 88750J (like mine, but NOT) he's got 93 600 inverted forks, 95 750 brakes, O.E. master cylinder, on 93 1100 wheels, front and back.

If I do swap for better forks, do I HAVE to do the brakes and wheels, or can all these parts bolt on to each other, and let me do this thing one piece at a time??

I'm stuck between a negative bank account and a fun-ass bike.

Lexington only has one Suzuki dealer in town, so if I start looking for 88 or 93 forks, I'll be forced to start searching the Louisville area.

Do I buy new or junk yards, if they exist for bikes. Or do I keep it all mail order??

Damn I can't afford new forks on top of the general maintenance I'm doing now. Guess it's like a house, never done, never satisfied.

------------------

Twist this

·
Registered
434 Posts
just put a 97 front end on my 86 the handling improvements are amasing but that was a difficult swap for you a 95 and earlier front end is a bolt on look for a complete front end including triple clamps and bolt it on that is cheaper than trying to do it piece by piece. doug

------------------
86 totally non stock

·
Registered
437 Posts
There's a company in Illinois (I think) called Franks Forks or Franks Maintenance. They make fork tubes and they are good and cost a lot less than factory OEM stuff. I had to replace the tubes on a different bike that I had last year. The set of tubes were like $225 or so.

------------------
We are men of action, lies do not become us. Are there rocks ahead? If there are, we'll all be dead.

·
Registered
972 Posts
No, you do not have to get rid of your wheels and brakes. And you dont need to limit your search to a 93 front end.

You will need the triples, clip-ons, forks, axle, and spacers. The 91-92 forks are more available and have the same wheels spacing, you can even use an 1100 set of forks, which have the best valving, so try to get those.

The reason he used the 95 calipers is that they are six piston, but the old 4 pot Nissins have the same anchor bolt spacing so they will work. But I would grab a set of the 6 piston jobs while your at it, they are definately better. Wheels are wheels, and they have interchangeable rotors, minor spacer changes, but all will work or can be made to.

------------------

1 - 4 of 4 Posts