Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

if I buy Showa BBF fork legs from 1000r does everything work to install from
My gsxr1000? I’m thinking if the distance for the calipers and so on is the same ore different.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Well what is your GSXR? If it is a 2017+ you should probably be ok. Maybe check if the part number for Ohlins forks is the same for your bike and a BFF bike. Then again, why would you just not buy ohlins? They might be cheaper, unless you bought BFF's used.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well what is your GSXR? If it is a 2017+ you should probably be ok. Maybe check if the part number for Ohlins forks is the same for your bike and a BFF bike. Then again, why would you just not buy ohlins? They might be cheaper, unless you bought BFF's used.
I founded one used one for good price.

and the seller says that they will fit but he will check that for me tomorrow. He will check both bikes part number so see if there is any different.

·
Premium Member
5,994 Posts
sorry my dyslexia kicked in reading that apparently? thought it said a different bike? R is the same bike as the non R 17' n up.. sorry

·
Registered
166 Posts
if its a 17 and up it will fit. Did it to my 17 non R when I crashed my 18 R. If you have a 12-16 not sure, but the R shock will fit those years

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now they are installed

the only problem I have not figure out is how the front fender screw should be. Only way I can see is that the screw should be screw from inside. I’m I right?

Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Bicycle wheel Automotive tire

The result:)

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Crankset Bicycle tire

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
4,186 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts