Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had the front fork seals replaced now there's a loud clunking when riding over bumps. Checked the sag, had another tech look at it. Check the fork fluid - they said nothing wrong. It was not clunking before we got the seals replaced. Would truly appreciate any other ideas. Thanks!

·
I know things... A lot of things.
3,152 Posts
Although I can't think of anything right now, that might produce a loud clunk inside the forks, you might want to make sure that all the bolts that would have to be undone to perform the replacement, have been torqued correctly again. Well the correct torque might not be as much a concern if we're talking about loud clunks, as whether they've been put back and tightened at all.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,716 Posts
Might it be something that doesn't directly involve the forks like a brake line thumping against the fender?

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,716 Posts
^As far as I can tell, unlike earlier years, the K9 forks don't have that bolt. Just the axle pinch bolts.

·
Banned
184 Posts
Possible fork neck bearings are loose. Hold front brake and then push the front end down and back up... hard... with a hard jerk meaning. Hear a knock in the steering neck? Another trick is to set one fork where you want it, then float the other fork so the axle spins real easy going into the other leg. Tighten the one loose fork and then spin the axle in an out to make sure no slipping has bound up the axle to forks, where one leg is higher/lower than the other.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts