Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about how much does it cost to have fork seals changed? hit a nice size pothole at about 65 now my left fork leg is leaking and i dont think this is a job i want to tackle myself. i called 2 different shops about this, one said $220 dollars plus about $150 dollars for parts and the other shop(which i normally use)and is about 60 miles from my house said between $150 labor and $75 dollars for parts. both shops said they would replace the seals,dust caps, retainers and slides. how can there be this much of a difference in price at two separate suzuki dealerships. or is one just trying to rape me!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Originally posted by Big Whale:
about how much does it cost to have fork seals changed? hit a nice size pothole at about 65 now my left fork leg is leaking and i dont think this is a job i want to tackle myself. i called 2 different shops about this, one said $220 dollars plus about $150 dollars for parts and the other shop(which i normally use)and is about 60 miles from my house said between $150 labor and $75 dollars for parts. both shops said they would replace the seals,dust caps, retainers and slides. how can there be this much of a difference in price at two separate suzuki dealerships. or is one just trying to rape me!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That's way too much. Lindemann Engineering charges $320 for a complete revalve/rebuild, and that includes valving, new springs, and seals. Just to install new seals I think it's only around $60 for labor. I don't know where you are, but you might consider sending them out and not use your local dealers.

http://www.le-suspension.com/LE-Services.html

Yancy

·
Registered
316 Posts
I assume those prices are with the forks still on the bike? If you take them off it should be alot cheaper. Around $175 or so. Any how just make sure to have whoever does them uses all oem parts.(oil seals dust seals slides etc.) I did my own and it was quite a chore.

·
3,476 Posts
Damn, they plan on using vasoline with that? I paid Lindemann only $190 for everything including a spring mod. Sure, I removed the forks but that ain't a huge deal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts