Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buy one from Jeff W. at www.jsdproducts.com NOW! This guy is awesome and so are his products and service. He sent me a TRE (which got here in two days) and it wouldn't work on my K5 600. I emailed him and asked him what I should do and he sent me another TRE the next day for free with no questions asked.

Come to find out, that it was my fault the TRE wasn't working, not Jeff's. His TRE's are of awesome quality (good price too) and I highly suggest buying one from him if you are interested. He also has the new automatic TRE's and dealer switches.

I was just very happy with his service and products so I thought I would share

·
Registered
380 Posts
+1

·
Registered
538 Posts
awesome quality i must agree.

·
420 King of the World
3,440 Posts
Thanks just ordered 1. These are easy to install, no?

·
420 King of the World
3,440 Posts
Shit, do I need the 2A or the 3A?? I ordered the 3A. Please let me know. Bear

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shit, do I need the 2A or the 3A?? I ordered the 3A. Please let me know. Bear
VERY easy to install. Your fine with the 3A. The 3A just has the "automatic" option so no switch is needed. The 600 and 750's use the 15k ohm resistor.

·
420 King of the World
3,440 Posts
Cool Thanks. Still waiting ofr it, then I will install.

·
Registered
145 Posts
ok I have a question what is the difference between swiched,unswitched , and automatic?
I'm guessing the switched one would be good if you wanted to switch it on and off ? I need some clarification please

·
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
21,546 Posts
get the switched

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
Unswitched is always on
Switched is on when you turn it on
Auto is always on unless in neutral (I think someone correct me if I am wrong)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just dont understand if this mod does nothing but improve perf. why would you want the ability to switch it off?
TRE's can make it more difficult for the bike to start in the winter. Also, you can buy a switched if you want to see what the difference is between "on" and "off".

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thats the answer I was looking for
I was wondering if there were any kinds of draw backs not that I would consider that a "draw back" Thanks for the info guys!

·
Registered
6 Posts
so the switched ables you to turn it off and on right? where do you mount it?? pics please

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I have to agree with all the above. I ordered the DIY kit for 11$ and it was easy to put together. It reminded me of those Radio Shack kits that you can buy for kids it was so easy. Shipping was fast and the customer service was outstanding. I recommend JSD to everyone I meet that asks about TREs. Plus, he's a site supporter so that is nice also.

·
Registered
80 Posts
is this harness located under the gas tank? where is it? for the switched model, are you able to switch it on/off with taking anything off? pleases would help..

·
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
21,546 Posts
oh yea, before i forget, radio shack doesnt carry 15k resistors any more (at least not around here or online) so i just used a multi meter and a resistor pack i had to make a 15k resistor

good luck

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
you can also find 15k resistors online though. maybe not at radio shack but there are a couple of online electronics shops that carry them. I have a link to one but I'd have to post it from home. I don't have it here on the work puter.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts