11,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and Favre is a year older :lol

Excited to get the regular season underway :w00t

·
Stabby Steve Longshanks
11,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Tonight I'm picking the Saints 38-17 and a ton of Favre on his backside.

·
Stabby Steve Longshanks
11,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok so they're rusty :dunno

I wasn't expecting a grudge match between the two highest scoring teams in 09 :wtf

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
If Favre could make a decision to join the team a little earlier, and actually have decent reps in practice, Minnesota might not be so sloppy. And I guess Hartley forgot how to kick since last season. :scratch

Two not-so impressive teams.

·
I Heart Man Sauce
6,488 Posts
So save for MNF, week 1 is over and what did you guys learn?

Things that don't surprise me:

Jake Delhomme can put on a different color jersey and be just as effective at throwing interceptions.
Jerome Harrison must have f*cked Mangini's mom because he's still the best RB on the Browns roster and he still has to share carries.
The Browns found a white running back that took lessons from Delhomme on how to effectively give the ball to the other team.
I learned that the Colts still can't run or stop the run.
Bob Sanders will continue to get paid for being injured.
Tony Romo.
The Cowboys game being a flag filled snooze fest witha side dish of some more flags.
Tebow actually got a stat line for his 2 plays.
The Eagles need Vick a whole lot more than they need Kolb.
Trent Edwards.
The Raiders got blown out?

Things that do surprise me:

I thought the Bengals defense would be better.
I thought the Seahawks would be worse.
Texas has a running game?
The Rams looked surprisingly decent.
Linkin Park needs ESPN's help to sell albums.

On a college football sidenote, Ohio State has some hard hitting motherf*ckers on that defense. Still need some work on offense and A TON of work of special teams.

·
I Heart Man Sauce
6,488 Posts
Fantasy football has skewed what people think makes a quarterback good IMO. Instead of just reading stats, actually watching Romo play is painful. He's an average quarterback running an offense with an average line and great WRs, TEs and RBs. I think with a new QB and OC, Dallas would have a smokin' offense.

·
I Heart Man Sauce
6,488 Posts
Get a load of those super bowl bound Jets! Sanchez had almost *80 FREAKING PASSING YARDS!* that has to be a record!

And check out them Chiefs. No offense but they won anyway. Rivers cried at least 5 times in that game. :lol

·
Stabby Steve Longshanks
11,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Cowboys will once again this year be on TV more times than I care to count :suicide

·
I Heart Man Sauce
6,488 Posts
The Cowboys will once again this year be on TV more times than I care to count :suicide
+1 The Cowboys are some other NFC East team is ALWAYS the afternoon game on FOX. So we get stuck watching Romosexual stink it up while listening to Troy Aikmen go "when you talk about guy x, you're talking about a guy who y" or "guy x is a guy who y". Then the other announcer is Joe Buck, who is just plain awful. If it wasn't for Mike Torico, Buck would be the worst play by play announcer in the history of football.

And +1 on NCAA > NFL but I still like both.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts