Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if anyone else has this issue or not but I have an 09 750 and I'm just under 5'3". In order to back my bike out of storage/parking spot I constantly am beating my calves up against the foot pegs which results in horrible bruises. Do I need to get it lowered? I mean riding wise I feel completely comfortable with the seat height, but it looks like someone took a baseball bat to my calves after every ride. I'm hoping that my skin will toughen up to it!

·
Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance and
5,533 Posts
No you don't need to get it lowered. You'll get used to it I'm 5'4" and I don't have any bruises (bike is stock height). Maybe work out your calves more so there is more muscle and less fat? Muscle doesn't bruise as easy.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I would if I could, but I honestly don't think I can lol. I am a walk-on for MSU softball and have three-two hour workouts a day, six days a week. My body fat percentage is 1.2%, which generally for girls my age is 18-23%. But thanks for the thought anyways! ;-)

I guess I could walk it out, but I'd rather not if possible. Oh well, like you said my skin should get used to it, I've only had this bike for two weeks, so I'm still breaking my body into it.

·
Tambouriner
6,000 Posts
Well, I would if I could, but I honestly don't think I can lol. I am a walk-on for MSU softball and have three-two hour workouts a day, six days a week. My body fat percentage is 1.2%, which generally for girls my age is 18-23%. But thanks for the thought anyways! ;-)

I guess I could walk it out, but I'd rather not if possible. Oh well, like you said my skin should get used to it, I've only had this bike for two weeks, so I'm still breaking my body into it.
you just need more practice. Give it some time before you do something drastic like lowering it. Read some threads about shaving the seat and just get used to handling the bike. You'll get used to it

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I will take the suck-it-up route and just deal, like you said, I'm sure my body will get used to it.

·
Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance and
5,533 Posts
You could also push the bike from the front...I've backed mine out this way. Balances really easy if you push from the clip-ons and that way you also can tap the front brake if it's backing out faster than you want.

·
Registered
133 Posts

not to be a prick, but i think the lowest % of body fat a male can maintain without having serious medical issues is 3%...for females its much higher...your either about to die from starvation, have been told false data, or my biology degree is failing me...just my .02

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don't worry your not being a prick, I'm sure its false information. We're given a nutrionist and see was telling us what our body weight should be as well as how many calories we should eat a day based on how many calories are bodies are burning a day. The point was is that I'm pretty muscular, but who knows a few extra leg lifts could possibly help with the bruises.

·
Registered
240 Posts
if you would like, i will volunteer my services to help you out. i am in need of a nice little couple days of riding. i wil drive up there and not only teach you a better way for yourself but give you the most amazing leg massage rub of all time. problem solved and we both come out winners. that is unless you are a "true" softball girl.
friggin leg-humper. isn't match.com free for 30 days?

Im with the others.. either take smaller steps, or try to get comfortable walking the bike while not on it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I took smaller steps with my bike last night and it seemed to work perfect. I am NOT that type of softball player, however the only one that will ever touch my legs is my boyfriend! Wasn't there a few threads in here about not getting hit on?

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Ha I'm 5'3 and i know what your talking about. When my bike is upright i have to tippy toe and hold it up, or lean off one side!

1,244 Posts
if you would like, i will volunteer my services to help you out. i am in need of a nice little couple days of riding. i wil drive up there and not only teach you a better way for yourself but give you the most amazing leg massage rub of all time. problem solved and we both come out winners. that is unless you are a "true" softball girl.
:facepalm................................:gtfo seriously just :gtfo

·
Registered
115 Posts
It happens to every1 in the begining, you will get used to foot pegs there and will start to avoid them w/ out even paying attention to it G-LUCK :cheers

1 - 20 of 21 Posts