Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 2 of 13 Posts

· Registered
950 Posts
Not all dealers act this way, but most do no doubt. My dealer is very strict on who they sell any GSXR to-they may not sell a ton of gixxers, but they do sell a number of Sv's, Katana's, and Bandits because they talk sense into the rider. Then they get repeat business down the road as the new rider acquires the much needed skills to ride a full on sportbike like the GSXR's. If the shop cared about not only money today but also down the road I would think that this selling apporach would seem better, but like many people they are after the instant gratification that expensive sportbikes give, and dont' really care if the rider lives to become a repeat customer.

-Spooner

· Registered
950 Posts
I agree Hammer that many shops cannot get away with that type of practice. My dealer is in a smaller town and most of their business come from MX bikes and quads-sportbikes are a small part of their business but it is growing rapidly. Also the sales people dont' get commission because they are all family

I do agree that a stepped licence is a great idea because it will help the street scene grow with better riders who hopefully ride more resposibly because they are educated better. I think that MSF should be required as well, but maybe make it more intensive. All I know is that I am sick of all the new riders out there that have no clue whats going on. And its not all their fault because they probably don't have anyone that gives 2 cents about them telling them what the ins and outs are of riding and safety.

-Spooner

1 - 2 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.