Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we went balls to the wall this weekend. I want to say the Vmax is one bad mofo. We had couple of practice runs before we lined the girls up. I knew I was going to get spanked off the start by the way the Vmax took off. Well, I was right. He took off so damn fast it was depressing. But, I had faith in my gixxer. By the time I hit third gear I was on his tail. When I hit fourth gear I was with him and than I passed him. I’m not saying a whooped his ass but a win is a win. I was glad I put a little blood, sweat and tears into my bike because if I hadn’t done the mods, I wouldn’t had a chance.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Congrats bro. I had a GSF1200 (naked Bandit) till this April. The beast was quick to take off and would pull like a locomotive but I must confess, I never managed to get it beyond 120mph. A little fidling with sprockets could give you a very fast take off but it was the top end power delivery that you wanted and it's this rush after 9000 revs that makes a Gix 7.5 the ultimate sports bike. Now I am confussed. When I am old, I'll have to decide between a VFR800 and a V Max. I can play with Gixxers for at least 10 more years though. When I am an old fart, I'll buy a Honda

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
Sounded like fun!
That VMAX aint no joke, especially with someone who knows how to use it. A buddy of mine can launch it off 10K rpm in his sleep... like a bat outta hell.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Congrats bro. I had a GSF1200 (naked Bandit) till this April. The beast was quick to take off and would pull like a locomotive but I must confess, I never managed to get it beyond 120mph. A little fidling with sprockets could give you a very fast take off but it was the top end power delivery that you wanted and it's this rush after 9000 revs that makes a Gix 7.5 the ultimate sports bike. Now I am confussed. When I am old, I'll have to decide between a VFR800 and a V Max. I can play with Gixxers for at least 10 more years though. When I am an old fart, I'll buy a Honda
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">WHAT??!!

I have ran side by side with my friend on his 1200 Bandit (me on my TL1000S) at an indicated 165 MPH. I hope you meant that you just never took the time to get above the buck-twenty marker.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Maybe couldb't be bothered. It was meant to be sold away since the day one any way. It was totally standard. I bought a can for it but didn't put it on. It was a streetfighter so I presumed that it was all torque and shine and no top end, therefore didn't push it too hard. I did 160mph on a RF900. Now that was a bike that could really fly and had a very decent torque. But at that time I was single and no kids to worry about. Nothing slows you down like these little brats
Nobody mentions RF900s but I must say, it was a very fast bike. At the same time I had a CBR900R (1994) and RF was much faster than the Blade.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Told ya you could do it! Its scary up to 4th gear though aint it. Your thinkin your gonna lose to a cruiser, and that is a pathetic thought.
Now do it again for the slips......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts