Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i was wondering if anyone can help with my rather unique problem. i know theres gotta be some sympathy 4 me amongst all the wrench-turners out there! ok check it out: recently i crashed my naked '93 600. when the engine hit the ground, it cracked the cast right where im pretty sure what was the oil drainage plug is 'sposed to be. (i didnt have her long enough to have to find out)i was originally planning to weld it shut, drill a hole and fit another bolt for it. but while i was down there i found another similar bolt, which when unscrewed spews oil as well. what im wondering, is do i need to put a hole for the smaller bolt back in, or can i just weld the hole shut and use the larger plug to drain the oil when i need to? just tryin to save a step in the repair process, i figured one of you guys might know. thanx in advance!!
-Vector, the Suicide King
PS- i have pics available via email so u can see what i mean.

------------------

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
Run to your local Pepboys and pick up some Bondo. Make sure to buy the one with metal in it. Then mix up the whole can along with a little bit of motor oil. Now start the bike up and pour your Bondo/oil mix into the crankcase. As soon as you find a leak in the case be sure to plug it up with your finger. You must keep applying pressure until the Bondo hardens.

One more thing, read this forums description!

------------------

http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial/gacy/gacymain.htm

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, their just really short plugs that bolt right into the casting.
i've already welded the hole shut, but im not sure if it will be safe to start it up without tapping it for anutha bolt. im pretty sure i can drain the oil thru the other plug when i need to but i dont want to risk it. if god put that plug there, theres probably some need 4 it, you know?

PS- does anyone really know how to make carbon-fiber undies?

------------------

·
Rookie
1,401 Posts
If youre serious about this topic, look up through the crack and see what the bolts in question thread into. If they both thread stricly into the oilpan (real short bolts) or if there is some cast in boss behind it that maybe would secure the pan to the block or something of the nature. If they are just plugs, weld away. if not, well thats still up to you to decide. I haven't seen the bottome end in a while and just trying to remember whats what.

------------------
SNAFU

1 - 5 of 5 Posts