Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to add a second cooler to my 7/11 project. I'd like to have the lines be a braided line with either a teflon or rubber lining. The fittings are12mm x 1.0 with matching banjos. I have found 12x1.25 and 12x1.5 but have not found the 12x1.0. There was a bike featured in the December 2000 issue (p.68)of CYCLE WORLD that has new braided lines. If anyone knows where I can find compatible parts or if someone can put me in touch with the owner of the featured bike (Ed Sherrer) and maybe he could tell me where to look. Thanks.

------------------
'86 750 RG for nice days...
7/11 project for driving my wife nuts...
'82 GPZ550 for trashing without worries...

[This message has been edited by bcklrcr (edited 03-17-2001).]

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Try Earl's (their Indy shop). They are one of the Holley group of companies; might help in your search.

Do you plan on running in series with the existing cooler, or running a separate (recommended) head cooler? Having REALLY been there already with my '93 1100, do check around a bit and figure out the most optimum design.

The guys that know bikes best are Earl's in the UK. Do a search on them and ask for Liam Fraser. Some of the shit they manufacture over there doesn't appear in the US Earl's catalog.

Good luck!

------------------

·
Registered
37 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bcklrcr:
[If anyone knows where I can find compatible parts or if someone can put me in touch with the owner of the featured bike (Ed Sherrer) and maybe he could tell me where to look. Thanks.
[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is exactally what my race shop built for me on a 89 7/11. It has a remote cooler in the tail and the entire system is plumbed with stainless braided lines. It runs 35 degrees cooler.
The shop is called SpeedWerks, 1-302-672-7223 (Del.) talk to Steve and tell him Byron sent you.
He'll tell you what you need, and can make it for you so you just bolt on and go.

------------------

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes! I knew someone would have an answer!

Thanks

------------------
'86 750 RG for nice days...
7/11 project for driving my wife nuts...
'82 GPZ550 for trashing without worries...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts