Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me (on my K5) and a buddy (on his CBR600F4i) went over to Jennings GP yesterday for a track day. It was my first time getting the K5 out on a track. I posted some pictrues here:

http://www.force2.net/stuartv/jennings050625/web/

Those Factory Pro billet crankcase covers are sweet. Too bad you can't see the billet velocity stacks. They look even sweeter. I took some pictures of them too, when I installed them, but I haven't posted them yet. Anyway...

The K5 is almost too awesome. There wasn't anybody else at the day that was very fast, so I spent just about all my track time riding around fairly slow and being bored. The bike was so much faster than everything else out there that when I would catch somebody, instead of passing them in a corner, I'd just follow them to the next straight (even a really short one), then squirt on by like they were parked. Heh. Entertaining for a while, but even that got old before the end of the day.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Power Race PR2 front PR5 rear. I had been running S2/M2 tires on my R6 race bike before I got the K5. I really like Michelins. I raced on Michelin, Dunlop and Pirelli at different times over the last 2 1/2 years and when I switched to Michelin after using the other 2, I immediately went 2 seconds a lap faster at Roebling Road. That was with the R6 optimized by GMD Computrack for each kind of tire. I.e. they optimized it for Dunlops when I was running those, then they re-optimized it for Pirellis when I switched to those, then again when I switched to Michelin.

I didn't really get to push the new Michelins too hard, though. The stock suspension is pretty good, but it only took me a few sessions to get to where I felt like it needed some help. I tweaked it every session and got it better and better, but I need to take the bike to GMD now and get the forks done, put a shock on and have them optimize it before I go back to the track and really start exploring the limits of the tires. At the best that I got it tweaked, the front still felt like it wanted to tuck right as I turned it in and got to max lean, *and* it wanted to run wide coming off the corners. In my experience, an unusual combination. I suspect it needs springs that are better suited to my weight (210), for starters, and then we'll see from there.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Me (on my K5) and a buddy (on his CBR600F4i) went over to Jennings GP yesterday for a track day. It was my first time getting the K5 out on a track. I posted some pictrues here:

Those Factory Pro billet crankcase covers are sweet. Too bad you can't see the billet velocity stacks. They look even sweeter. I took some pictures of them too, when I installed them, but I haven't posted them yet. Anyway...

The K5 is almost too awesome. There wasn't anybody else at the day that was very fast, so I spent just about all my track time riding around fairly slow and being bored. The bike was so much faster than everything else out there that when I would catch somebody, instead of passing them in a corner, I'd just follow them to the next straight (even a really short one), then squirt on by like they were parked. Heh. Entertaining for a while, but even that got old before the end of the day.

Very cool....Now im really excited for Mid-ohio july 9th.....(1st trackday on my 05)

·
Registered
472 Posts

I know exactly what you mean, I just got on a track for the first time for a two day shcool and thats what I did. Just wait for any straight and then blast by. Crazy bike. Good times

1 - 14 of 14 Posts