Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just started riding this year, I've got an 07 GSX-R 600 with a m4 slip-on, and about 1500 miles of riding experience under my belt. Decided to go to a ZARS trackday at Road America with my cousin and a friend ('05 CBR600RR and '13 675R) Started off pretty slow and picked up the pace every session by the last one my cousin wanted to see if I could chase him down, unfortunately someone got between us in the pit lane making it alittle more difficult. I got passed him with a risky-ish pass on the front straight as he was passing someone as well. Any critiques welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAhGJIiwRVc&feature=youtu.be

·
The Husbeast
1,318 Posts
Your are moving along pretty fast there. Pretty quick for your first time on track with so few miles under your ass. How many times did you say "oh shit" in your helmet? Are you going to listen when we all tell you to slow down and work on technique in stead of trying to go as fast as you can? I think you need to get some good coaching and slow down so you have enough attention left over to see where you are doing well and where you need work. You need work on your throttle control, be consistent with it, once you open it keep it open so your suspension stays in its happy place. I see potential but you need to do some learn'n son. :) Keep it up, :cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I said oh shit a few times especially going into turn one. I could tell after watching the video that my throttle control could definetly be improved, I think I'll be hitting up one more trackday at a much smaller more technical track and hope to improve more

·
Chubby Chaser
57,816 Posts
Well RA is essentially a bunch of huge straights strung together by a couple of less than technical corners. :p

I'd like to try it just once to say I rode it, but anyway. Obviously your corner entry/mid-corner/exit is where you'll want to focus your work...the rest of the track is just tuck in and yank the throttle open and wait. I mean obviously you are just a novice but its pretty clear that you are getting off the gas and rolling through the corners pretty gingerly. Get the race line down pat so that it just comes like second nature, even if that means slowing your overall pace down a tad. Hit those entry/apex/exits as clean as you can and then slowly bring your speed up. To me RA seems like a difficult place to practice since your mind is preoccupied so much with having the throttle pinned and then "oh wait, there's a corner coming up...." and the corners are separated by a lot of straightaway.

:thumbup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts