Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
March 26th will be my first track day, Texas World Speedway.

Bike is ready, Gear is ready.

The one thing I'm behind on is....Me.

I just started walking/running and working out.

I'm in worst shape then I thought.

I have always kept in pretty good shape, but my job keeps me on the computer or driving.

I just turned 55 so getting back in shape may take longer than expected!!

For this track day, I will be on the Fireblade. I should have the Gixxer ready for track duty very soon.

I can't wait!!!

Attachments

·
Currently using pedals..
2,979 Posts
Nice! I'm heading out there May 7.

What do you do for work? Having worked 12 hour shifts for the past 3 years has made me lazy. I used to run everyday, I need to get back into that...

Be sure to post afterwards about your experience :cheers

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My First trackday was awesome!!

It was intense for sure.

I learned alot.

Bike was flawless.

I was on a 1997 CBR 900 with 8800 miles. It has the original suspension that has never been serviced. I have read the discussions in here about suspension and I was a little worried about mine. It was a non issue. It handled like a dream. I know I'm a track rookie but I have been riding for 40 years, I went at a pretty good pace.

Not to say that I wont be making some upgrades when I can.

Attachments

·
I want Rossi to fuck my ass...
1,375 Posts
ill be there in about a month! thanks for the pics. glad you had a good time. how were the instructors and such?

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ill be there in about a month! thanks for the pics. glad you had a good time. how were the instructors and such?
Ridesmart was awesome, instructors are great!

Safety first and I liked that. They don't play with idiots and there were some there.

Two hospital trips before third session and even more crashes, one crash in turn 1, I don't understand that.

I was in Group 1 for first timers.

They showed you the lines in the first session by "Follow the instructor" and X's on the track".

It was open track after that with no passing before lunch except on the long straight.

After lunch, there was passing in some designated straights and corners but only on the outside.

I can't wait to go again!!

·
I want Rossi to fuck my ass...
1,375 Posts
Awesome to hear. One more question.... Did you enjoy the track itself? Is it in decent shape?

·
Registered
191 Posts
My First trackday was awesome!!

It was intense for sure.

I learned alot.

Bike was flawless.

I was on a 1997 CBR 900 with 8800 miles. It has the original suspension that has never been serviced. I have read the discussions in here about suspension and I was a little worried about mine. It was a non issue. It handled like a dream. I know I'm a track rookie but I have been riding for 40 years, I went at a pretty good pace.

Not to say that I wont be making some upgrades when I can.
Congrats! My first track experience was on my 1996 CBR900RR.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts