Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my first track day on Saturday at Kyalami (the WSB used to stop here until recently)... MAN, WHAT A DAY! All I can say is the K5 is truly the best bike out there. Straight out the crate and she ran like a pukka track bike. I was in the C-group as this was my first time with the school and on this track and was pretty much blitzing everybody.. thanks no doubt to the outstanding bike I was riding. Will be one up next month in the B-group with the faster guys (2:10 - 2:20 laptimes) and hope to have some more pics up soon! Anyone here have any experience with fitting a Two Bros titanium to a K5 and the result? Dyna chart would be great to look at too!

Attachments

·
Registered
472 Posts
Nice, I know the feeling. Had my first track/two day school last month in NH in Loudon. Awesome. K5 is unbelievable. What kind of tires did you run? A buddy of mine sold me a pair of Dunlop race rubber. Man, am I glad I got those. Never got my knee down before then, or really knew the proper way but once I learned, fugedaboutit. I made a few passes in the turns but novice riders (like myself) are kinda unpredictable, so I would just wait for even a short straight and just shoot right on by. Far and away the fastest bike out there. Funny how at this beginner level the bike makes up for so much I was lacking. Cant wait to get back out there. Felt great to ride this beast in the environment it was built for huh?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts