Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to my first track day ever yesterday. It was with Motoseries at Nelson Ledges. Had a freakin blast. Learned a lot and it was a huge eye opener. Definitely 100% hooked.

The first session started out a little slow until some instructors came up and broke our group apart for some one on one. We ended up doing some leap frog style riding until the last session which was a free ride with passing only allowed on the front and back straights (which that didn't even really stick either since our group had thinned out since then).

Anyway, I haven't seen the photographer post any pics up yet, so here's some s
crappy iPhone ones our helper took from the observation tower while we were out riding... Actually I think he may have tried taking these from the tire wall...

1370189525048.jpg 1370189540722.jpg 1370189559580.jpg 1370189648081.jpg

And the part that made me feel pretty decent about the day... No chicken strips...

1370189685371.jpg

So ya... Had a great time, learned a lot (especially that I have a lot more to learn), will definitely be going back soon!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,529 Posts
so what are you gonna cut out of your monthly expenses in order to keep up this new habit?

:lol

:thumbup

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Banned
153 Posts
Lookin pretty good man good job. If u want alittle advice, try getting ur head over towards ur mirror more, set up ur turns alittle wider then come into apex, after u go thru a turn if the next turn is same direction stay on that side of seat instead of setting ur body back into normal riding position. Overall great first track day from what I seen...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lookin pretty good man good job. If u want alittle advice, try getting ur head over towards ur mirror more, set up ur turns alittle wider then come into apex, after u go thru a turn if the next turn is same direction stay on that side of seat instead of setting ur body back into normal riding position. Overall great first track day from what I seen...

I'm ALWAYS open to advice. The instructors told me the some of the same thing after we got some consistency out of my lines (the carousel tightens up twice and was a little difficult for me to figure out).

I'll keep those in mind and practice them the next time I get out there.

Thanks for the comments and tips!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i didnt know they did a school at nelsons, i was going to try mid ohio.
We were going to do Mid Ohio first but our experienced track rider suggested the ledges since it has a lower top speed and a more laid back environment. Everyone there was extremely encouraging and professional. I can't wait to get back out there. Send me a PM if your interested in meeting up with us out there sometime.

·
Registered
78 Posts
We were going to do Mid Ohio first but our experienced track rider suggested the ledges since it has a lower top speed and a more laid back environment. Everyone there was extremely encouraging and professional. I can't wait to get back out there. Send me a PM if your interested in meeting up with us out there sometime.

I definitely want to get out there before the season is over, im just working on getting a trailer and gear right now. Im only about 40 minutes away from nelsons. I will revisit this post and PM you when i get my shit together.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I definitely want to get out there before the season is over, im just working on getting a trailer and gear right now. Im only about 40 minutes away from nelsons. I will revisit this post and PM you when i get my shit together.
I hear ya man. I'm lucky enough to know someone with a trailer. Took me a while to get all of the right gear since the closest shop for any decent gear is two hours away. Moto Series in particular does have suits for rent for $35, so you could just do that if have the boots, helmet, and gloves.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts