Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I went to my first track day on my new 2006 SV 650 S which I bought after my first and last track day on my Hayabusa because I realized that this bike is too much for me to ride on the track and I wanted to do it the right way in the future.
I bought the bike used for 1700.- and did a full service and some modifications to it by myself :woot.

The mods I did to the bike so far are:
Adjustable steering damper from Matris dampers.
Adjustable (preload, compression & rebound) cartridge kit from Matris dampers.
Adjustable (preload, compression, rebound & ride hight) shock from Matris dampers.
Bridgestone S21 tyres.
525 ZVM-X chain from D.I.D.
Steel sprockets form JT Sprockets (15/47)
Stainless steel braided brake lines from Spiegler.
Sintered brake pads from TRW Lucas.

The track day was a very satisfying experience and I will continue to go to track days once a month from now on. :woohoo
Here are some pictures of me and my bike on the track that I wanted to share with you:

Have a nice day! :cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
269 Posts
Great!!! Looking good! I have fond memories of the SV650 as it was the first bike I bough for the track and racing. I'm glad you enjoyed your track experience and also glad that you were able to notice that the Hayabusa may not be the right bike for you!

What skills will you be practicing/working on during your next track session?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great!!! Looking good! I have fond memories of the SV650 as it was the first bike I bough for the track and racing. I'm glad you enjoyed your track experience and also glad that you were able to notice that the Hayabusa may not be the right bike for you!

What skills will you be practicing/working on during your next track session?
Thanks!
At the moment I am practicing and improving basic skills like throttle control, cornering speed and line choice. Once I am able to ride the track in a consistent way and the bike is doing what I want it to do round after round I am going to focus on my braking skills.
I still go to the track once a month and I always book track days with an instructor if possible.

·
Super Moderator
14,942 Posts
Nice! Once you have them set up properly the SV is arguably one of the best track bikes you can buy for the money if you don't want to go full on supersport.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Nice! Once you have them set up properly the SV is arguably one of the best track bikes you can buy for the money if you don't want to go full on supersport.
Agreed! I started my racing career on one of them and looking back am soooo incredibly happy that I took that route before I jumped on a 600. I think it made me really refine some important skills like carrying corner speed and good throttle control because I couldn't possibly just rely on horsepower.

I'd actually love to hop back on one for nostalgia sake :grin2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
Pharmac1st
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing