Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new to the fourms just liek to start off by sayin Hello
Anyways im lookin to get a bike. Have had my eyes on GSX-R600 for a while, I raced dirt bikes about 3 years ago and did that for around 5 years... Now i just moved in with my cousin and hes gota Ninja 250 and holy crap the thing is a blast. Ive been riding that for about 2 months and feel comfortable on it... i read all your posts about first bikes and stuff and was just wonderin if i would do ok ona 600 or do ya think i should get more time in ona smaller bike? Anyways thanks in advance later

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
welcome to GDC first of all.

as for the recommendation, start off small. It is great to have a dirt background but it is totally different when it comes to street. Still apply the skills you got on to street but in the sense, not really the same.

I would take the MSF course first of all and then get a small bike like your cousin. Either get a 250 or get a sv650. don't get anything related to R, trust us, you will see why and there isn't a reason why you shouldn't trust us

·
Jurassic Skool
79,800 Posts
What MG6 said
and welcome to the site.

You've already admitted having a blast on the small Ninja. It's an awesome bike to really thrash around on. Good for getting the skillz to rock 'em with a bigger R bike later on.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts