Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all:
It's been so long since I've been on here I had to make a new account! I picked up this 94 750 back in '07. IIRC, the 94 is the fattest, most unloved 750 of them all.
California bike so everything was drained prior to shipping. Long story short, other projects left this gathering dust. Wiped it down the other day and set about seeing if she'd start. Fresh fluids and all that lot, a battery from a different bike I had handy, and a few cranks later....

started without choke. purred like a kitten. Shut her down and checked things over. Leaking from a carb or two, so stuck floats I imagine.
Now I need a service manual. Next up refreshing expendables, new brake lines because, etc etc

From the day it came home:

Tire Fuel tank Plant Wheel Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
215 Posts
Do you plan to fit an original type fairing? Or maybe at least the upper? I remember years ago it was cool to remove them, hence the naked bike era. But I think now on a close to 30 year old machine, the fairing adds to the overall appearance and riding experience. Lucky your bike has carbs! My '07 sat for a few months and the injectors, all 8 of them plugged up so badly they can't be cleaned, the throttle body assy froze up too and took hours to get working right.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you plan to fit an original type fairing? Or maybe at least the upper? I remember years ago it was cool to remove them, hence the naked bike era. But I think now on a close to 30 year old machine, the fairing adds to the overall appearance and riding experience. Lucky your bike has carbs! My '07 sat for a few months and the injectors, all 8 of them plugged up so badly they can't be cleaned, the throttle body assy froze up too and took hours to get working right.
I'm not going to do that right now. I live in the city and can only park on the street. There are A-holes aplenty who, when parallel parking, knock my bikes over. This is just one of several:

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle

Since this was already missing its body work, I bought the gixxer to serve as my on-street, every day rider. If I want to ride something else, I'll ride the 750 over to my shop, which is about a 15 min ride away, and switch out.
What I wanted to find was a stunter cage set-up, but this being the least loved of 750s, there's little aftermarket stuff around that I've been able to find so I'm going to have to wing it with sliders and such. I want to protect the vitals.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts