Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my new `04 1000. Sweet! The place I bought it from told me that the first service would cost about 240 (cdn), and that they would perform the items outlined in the owners manual. After reading the manual, I have come to the conclusion that all they do is change the oil and filter, and check the fasteners on the bike. Am I wrong? This seems like way too much $$ for an oil change.

·
Registered
518 Posts
On my 05 when I take it in to my the dealership for its first service it is going to cost me $75 US

·
Registered
565 Posts
On my 05 when I take it in to my the dealership for its first service it is going to cost me $75 US
Now i have been quiet for a while but, this is asking for it.
Why would you post something about your fuckin k5 when the kid is askin about an 04. which is a totally different machine? Do you have a brain? Ssomeone that just bout a k4 obviously needs info on there bike not urs dicky. Everyone that has read your comment is now stupider for having to read your incompitant words. You dont have to post something about your k5 everywhere you go. Now take the 75 dollar service for your k5 and shove it up your azz.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Simone's a first service is a first service no-matter what year the bike is asshole. Why don't you fuck off. You are a complete asshole.

·
Registered
518 Posts
pretty sure he was asking about why the first service cost so much dick head. he didn't have any specific quesitons on his K4 retard. I just posted up what my first service will cost me no-matter if i had a k4 or k5 would have cost me the same ***.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
I think my dealer told me the first service is comp'd.......hmmmm

He better stick to that or I'm gonna be pissed.

·
Premium Member
73,384 Posts
do it yourself. it will be much cheaper, and allow you to learn some of the inner workings of your new bike.

·
Registered
334 Posts
do it yourself. it will be much cheaper, and allow you to learn some of the inner workings of your new bike.
I got the 48 Month warranty w/ my bike...So I'm taking it in for the first just to be safe

·
Registered
565 Posts
Simone's a first service is a first service no-matter what year the bike is asshole. Why don't you fuck off. You are a complete asshole. [/quote

different bikes require different things the k5 has titanium valves im pretty sure you have to keep an eye on them when you service

·
Registered
565 Posts
pretty sure he was asking about why the first service cost so much dick head. he didn't have any specific quesitons on his K4 retard. I just posted up what my first service will cost me no-matter if i had a k4 or k5 would have cost me the same ***.
pretty sure that he does not care how much your paying for a first service either. he just wanted to know if it is a crock of shit

·
Banned
14,060 Posts
The first service is not bullshit.

The amount the dealers charge for the fist service can be bullshit depending on there price and if they actually do what they are supposed to do.

During the first service one should perform the recommend nut and bolt check as we all know they have a tendency to vibrate loose. Also check the throttle and clutch play as cables tend to stretch. Check fluids and more than likely the chain will need adjustment as they to stretch.

This is also a time to visually inspect the motor for leaks, loose hose clamps on so on.

So if the above actions are bullshit to you do not do it.

I perform the above actions on a regular basis but I am whacked and enjoy wrenching on my bikes. I also like the feeling of knowing things are solid and done right so I can enjoy my rides.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts