Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well last night i rode for the first time on my new gsxr600. i made the the typical noob mistake of thinking a 600cc bike sucks, but im really glad i didnt go higher becuase this thing hauls ass. I know i have been riding for only a day now, but holy christ, i cannot see why anyone would need to accelerate any faster than this, especially on the street.

Another thing i dont undertand is why these young kids in there dads corvettes think they can take a crotch rocket. after a few hours on the road a jackass in a vette pulled next to me at a red and revved his engine. i felt confortable enough at that point to open it a little (aucally i gunned a little harder than i wanted to). of course i smoked him, and when he pulled up to me on the next red all pissed off and his girlfirnd was laughin aty him and wavin at me.

God this is gona be a sweet summer.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Yep, these bikes are badass
. Trust me though, you will be looking for even more power and speed as your mind numbs too the current setup
. Try one tooth down in the front when your ready for more. It moves the power band a little lower on the rpm scale and for the street it kicks ass
. Enjoy and be safe

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Just make sure to take it easy on the streets, police usually arent too forgiving to street racers. Around here they deffinently arent.

It is amazing to have something that accerlerates like a damn dodge Viper doesnt it? Just keep it safe out there. I figure the reason why people feel as if they need to go "faster" is because they simply become use to the power that 600 has to offer, then they step up to the 750.. then the 1000. I gurantee you though there isnt one person who has ever used a 600 to 100% of it potential on the street though, the track though, is a different story.

have fun with her, and kepe those two wheels on the ground.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.