+2 in the rear -1 in the front
Smoked windshield
Turn signals in rear pegs
Digital gear indicator
Yosh RS3 Custom flame?
Adjustable Rear sets
Braided front brake lines
Frame sliders

I was wondering what I could do to it to make it faster/quicker ect. Basically what my next performance mod should be?
Thanks
Chris

I was wondering what I should do next?

·
Jurassic Skool
79,800 Posts
Considering that of the entire list, there's only 2 things that would be considered 'performance' mods, you've got a few options to work on. I'd say upgrade the exhaust, get better rubber for handling, or look at suspension upgrades but those last two won't make ya any faster/quicker. I guess it'd be the etc of your question.

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
I was wondering what I could do to it to make it faster/quicker ect.
Track days
Will give you more performance than any part you can throw at it - seriously

·
Bearded Admin call him Grizzly
88,756 Posts
Considering that of the entire list, there's only 2 things that would be considered 'performance' mods, you've got a few options to work on. I'd say upgrade the exhaust, get better rubber for handling, or look at suspension upgrades but those last two won't make ya any faster/quicker. I guess it'd be the etc of your question.

actually tires and suspension is what makes you faster on a track, hp only comes into play on the straights

·
Registered
16,168 Posts

actually tires and suspension is what makes you faster on a track, hp only comes into play on the straights
Ain't that the truth...motor work is the LAST thing to do...

·
Jurassic Skool
79,800 Posts
Ain't that the truth...motor work is the LAST thing to do...
I thought about that after I posted it. I do know what ya mean, but by the nature of his post, I figured he wanted a straight bolt-on hp mod. I offered up the other two because they're mods I'd do (did) first. The important ones.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah I was looking what performance mods I could do. I know that the appearance mods don't help for hp. I just just giving you the low down on what I purchased. I'm not looking to take it to the track or anything...Just daily street riding....I was looking at getting that 5th turn throttle mod or w/e its called, and its going to need some new clutches soon...any other years fit the 02 600 clutch wise? Would any 750 clutches be the same?
Thanks Guys.....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
also I wanted to mention is has new M1 Sportecs ....When taking off at a stop light It keeps the front tire down pretty good. I mean it will come up a little but nothing like my friends 02 954RR...I'm thinking thats how the owner before me had it geared?

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
yeah I was looking what performance mods I could do. I know that the appearance mods don't help for hp. I just just giving you the low down on what I purchased. I'm not looking to take it to the track or anything...Just daily street riding....I was looking at getting that 5th turn throttle mod or w/e its called, and its going to need some new clutches soon...any other years fit the 02 600 clutch wise? Would any 750 clutches be the same?
Thanks Guys.....
Just basic track days (not racing) will improve your street riding enormously. IMHO one trackday (at least the first times) are worth more than a season of riding on the street when it comes to improving skills. Plus it's much safer: good, clean asphalt, no cars, no side streets, no cops.

As for the 1/5th turn throttle - get an R1 throtte tube instead - is just as easy to mount, costs half of that plastic cresent and is even a 1/6th turn

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.