Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm glad I listened to everyone on here and got some ride time under my belt with a 300cc bike before hopping on the Gixxer, While riding a little R3 I fixed up my 07 GSXR 600 and I finally got a nice warm day to try her out.
Put new levers, adjustable rear set and found a really good deal on a Yoshimura slip on exhaust.
The bike is well worth the wait and I'm glad I didn't sell it while I learned.
Thanks to all and anyone thinking about short cutting the learning curve you may get away with it but it was so much more enjoyable to ride after I wasn't scared to death of it.

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,914 Posts
Glad you were willing to listen to our advice. People need to be a bit more humble about learning to ride, and some refuse.

Just to make sure, you bought brand-name levers, right? Not some of those anodized levers off of ebay for $40.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hear ya about the cheap levers, I did get some cheap ones to begin with just to see if I liked the shorter levers then ordered a set of Driven Halo's
The only other thing I want to address is the rear view mirrors being about useless to see whats behind me at a stop sign.
Anyone have suggestions for mirrors that work well and don't look like a**

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Did buy the Gixxer first. she just needed a little love after sitting 9 years
He was being sarcastic suggesting you should have just bought a 1000(thou=1000) from the start.

Good for you on listening to the sound advice that was given. :cheers

Too bad all new riders don't heed the advice given by much more experienced riders. Enjoy your bike :thumbup

1 - 11 of 11 Posts