Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the looks to the way this thing rides to the approving nods I've gotten at a few bike meets, this bike doesn't fail to impress. 2013 750.

·
Super Moderator
14,993 Posts
Looks good! Please tell us your riding history, past bikes, etc., basically what brought you to this GSX-R?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure thing! Relatively new to riding compared to a lot of you, all in I’ve been riding for about 3 years and have close to 20,000 km done in that time. Always loved sport bikes. This is my second bike. First was a Yamaha fz6r that was written off when someone backed over it while it was parked outside a friends house(thank god for a witness)

truth be told I never initially wanted a gixxer. I wanted an R6. That was until I tracked my friends. Just did not like the ergonomics of it or how you had to have it at such high rpms for it to do anything. I’m 6’5” and just felt so so scrunched you on it. I also rented a CBR 600rr and did PCH on that as my Christmas vacation last year. It was way better than the R6 but still not great. Friend got married in Hawaii back in mayand I picked up a 2008 GSX-R1000 off of riders share for a few days. I fell in love with it and have been looking for the right gixxer since May. The 750 just has such a good combo of smooth power delivery while being agile and nimble and I found a low miles one in mint condition in the colours I wanted a couple weeks ago.1

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sure thing! Relatively new to riding compared to a lot of you, all in I’ve been riding for about 3 years and have close to 20,000 km done in that time. Always loved sport bikes. This is my second bike. First was a Yamaha fz6r that was written off when someone backed over it while it was parked outside a friends house(thank god for a witness)

truth be told I never initially wanted a gixxer. I wanted an R6. That was until I tracked my friends. Just did not like the ergonomics of it or how you had to have it at such high rpms for it to do anything. I’m 6’5” and just felt so so scrunched you on it. I also rented a CBR 600rr and did PCH on that as my Christmas vacation last year. It was way better than the R6 but still not great. Friend got married in Hawaii back in mayand I picked up a 2008 GSX-R1000 off of riders share for a few days. I fell in love with it and have been looking for the right gixxer since May. The 750 just has such a good combo of smooth power delivery while being agile and nimble and I found a low miles one in mint condition in the colours I wanted a couple weeks ago.1
That looks magnificent - I prefer this subdued colour-scheme to the brash-blue combo. In England, I was looking at these 750's first, after trying both the 750 for size and the 1000 - I decided upon the 1k. At 6' 1" i found this bike to be more comfortable for me. Managed to get Black/Grey combo too! Your bike looks admirably 'mean'!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That looks magnificent - I prefer this subdued colour-scheme to the brash-blue combo. In England, I was looking at these 750's first, after trying both the 750 for size and the 1000 - I decided upon the 1k. At 6' 1" i found this bike to be more comfortable for me. Managed to get Black/Grey combo too! Your bike looks admirably 'mean'!
Thanks man! Yeah the 1K is the eventual for me, but in Ontario, Canada where I live, the insurance rates for anyone with less than 6 years riding experience is insane on those. I still do double and triple takes walking away from it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Seriously, the 750 looks far better and looks proportionate. The 1000 does look good for the engine size, but when the 2 bikes are side-by-side the 750 just looks that much more sleeker. I found it to be a little cramped. I would trade bikes with you anyday (once I shrink a bit!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts