Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok everyone so im in a toughy here..haha my '03 gixxer 750's first gear is fucked.
it's when im giving it gas or even going off at a red light...it skipps..now im not sure what it can be cause sometimes it goes crazy doing it ..or it'll be every so often..now i never use my first gear at red lights i always use 2nd gear now . would that hurt the bike anyway? and im think that there could be a few problems to it..would it be the tranny?? gearing?? some teeth are missing out of the first gear?? or maybe it can be the clutch??but it happens when im not using the clutch?

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
ok everyone so im in a toughy here..haha my '03 gixxer 750's first gear is fucked.
it's when im giving it gas or even going off at a red light...it skipps..now im not sure what it can be cause sometimes it goes crazy doing it ..or it'll be every so often..now i never use my first gear at red lights i always use 2nd gear now . would that hurt the bike anyway? and im think that there could be a few problems to it..would it be the tranny?? gearing?? some teeth are missing out of the first gear?? or maybe it can be the clutch??but it happens when im not using the clutch?
it couldnt be the clutch. i would check the sprockets and chain first to make sure they are in good condition and the chain is properly adjust. your first gear may be worned.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hhmmm so how do the gears get warn?? and how do i come about checkin the chain/sprockets!? just to check and see if the sprockets are bent or anything?

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
hhmmm so how do the gears get warn?? and how do i come about checkin the chain/sprockets!? just to check and see if the sprockets are bent or anything?
it get worn from riding. do you do wheelie in first gear?check the teeth on the sprockets to see if it comes to a sharp point like a knife blade and curve one way instead of straight and the chain has tight spot when you spin the tire. i would check that first before go into the tranny. usually the 2nd gear that goes bad but you never know.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i did wheelies in 1st last year alot ..you know gettin used to wheelies on that bike and im used to it now but this year all i've been really doing is 2nd gear wheelies.. and the only thing in first is ryding around 50-60 down this main street in town...but it's at likt...7/8 rpm..which wouldn't cause a effect like that i dont think. cause i start to redline at 13.
and if the teeth are sharp/curvy...what would it be..just the sprocket..so replace that one thing or something ?

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
well i did wheelies in 1st last year alot ..you know gettin used to wheelies on that bike and im used to it now but this year all i've been really doing is 2nd gear wheelies.. and the only thing in first is ryding around 50-60 down this main street in town...but it's at likt...7/8 rpm..which wouldn't cause a effect like that i dont think. cause i start to redline at 13.
and if the teeth are sharp/curvy...what would it be..just the sprocket..so replace that one thing or something ?
it does matter what speed or rpm. its how the gear engaged. if you see the gear in the transmission then you will see how it works. the gear probably round it out that is why cause the gear to slip. if the teeth are sharp/curvy then replace the sprockets. its good to change both sprocket and chain and hope its just that.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no theres no teeth or nothing missing i was talkin to the guy across the street from me, and he has a harley(shesh) and well anyways i told him about it and he said it was my first gear! so im like fuckin haha . thats quite a bit of money i guess to fix it...so i guess im not even goin to bother. i can go fine from when at a set of lights by starting off in 2nd. so i guess i dont need first
*cries* haha fack..that is a piss off tho

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
no theres no teeth or nothing missing i was talkin to the guy across the street from me, and he has a harley(shesh) and well anyways i told him about it and he said it was my first gear! so im like fuckin haha . thats quite a bit of money i guess to fix it...so i guess im not even goin to bother. i can go fine from when at a set of lights by starting off in 2nd. so i guess i dont need first
*cries* haha fack..that is a piss off tho
its not hard to fix as you think it is. you have to drop the motor and that will take about 4 hours. about an hour to replace the gear and about 4 hours to put the motor and everything back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts