Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone as I'm new to here and decided to join to expand on my knowledge and learn all there is possible! With that being said I purchased my first street bike 4 months back. I went to a couple dealers(Yamaha,Suzuki,BMW,Honda) to see how the different bikes felt, ergonomic's etc...I narrowed down my list to the gixxer. It felt comfortable to be on, and loved the fact it felt as if i as sitting inside the bike, rather not on top. I was debating between the 600 and 750, chose the 750 due to the fact it weighs and handles like a 600, but almost has the power of the gixxer 1k. And the fact I'm a short rider? as well kind of made it a no brainer. these 4 months have been awesome with the k7 750!! I love this thing to death...no pun intended. I picked the bike up from a guy for $5,000 and only has 5k miles on it, mint condition. All my other buddies we ride together everyday, when nice out...which it's been pretty cold here in Iowa for may. Low 60s in the day, and at night usually 50s...but got down to the 30s for 2 days in may with rain everyday/ to every other!? the experience has been wonderful so far! And with many trips planned this summer to head to the Rockie mountains, rapid city,SD/Montana area with windy roads to do some cornering, and the ice cream cruize down in omaha!?. Due to all these trips planned, we decided to pick up the pac talk slims for easier communication, they are quite handy! I have riding experience from the past due to motocross, I used to have a kx125 and a cr250f. I did that for 2/3 seasons before my close friend passed away at nationals. Any tips, info to a new rider in the sports bike life would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts