Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few buddies and myself hit up the local (1 hour away) 1/4 mile track last Saturday (Apr. 9) for the first Northwest Drag Bike Association race. We've raced cars before, but none of us ever on bikes. Just thought I would throw up some numbers I laid down and some pictures of the excitement.

I'm in the near lane riding my performance stock '03 GSX-R600 racing against my buddy on his '03 Honda CBR600RR.

Rear shot of my rather weak launching abilities.

Best Timeslip:

R/T: .480 (late night catching up)
60': 1.966
330': 5.019
1/8th Mile: 7.469
MPH: 100.13
1000': 9.608
1/4 Mile: 11.444
MPH: 122.34

Comments welcomed...

More pictures on the way...

Jake

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pictures:

All the bikes, ready to race.

Waiting in line.

My Dad doing a burn-out on his Suzuki powered 7.9x NA drag bike.

Buddy launching his '03 Honda CBR600RR.

Buddy caught off-gaurd by the wrong tree on his '04 GSX-R1000.

Staring down the camera-man.

Hendy (CBR ^^^^) and Blink180Wilhelm (GSX-R1000 ^^^) just chilling.

Getting focused for our upcoming qualifying run.

That's all I have for now. I'm sure my other two buddies will hit up this thread and throw in their times and comments about our first experience.

Hendy: '03 Honda CBR600RR
Blink180Wilhelm: '04 GSX-R1000

Jake

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Looks like a good time. I can't wait till I go back!!!!!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like a good time. I can't wait till I go back!!!!!
You have no idea. Watching and racing are two completely different animals.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yeah that was the first time I"ve ever raced and it was awesome, I can't wait to go back. I can't wait to do a road course either and show these fool how to ride (i hope
)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I believe Havens did
GSX-R600 owned the CBR600RR pretty much all day, except for the one run I decided to leave it in third and try and run it out. Ran out of RPM's a significant ways before the line, hit the limiter and grabbed fourth. That yielded a slow time.

·
Registered
472 Posts
any idea what the 04 1000 did? Just curious cause I just got my 05 last week. Looks like you guys musy have had a blast. Now thats one more thing on my list to do this summer.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have the 04 1000, I ran 11.1x @ 134mph a few times.. My 60 foot times and reaction times were absolutly horrible. I was so worried about wheelieing off the line that I wasnt giving it nearly enough throttle. I am lowering it in front and back and running it again May 4th so check back. I should be well into the 10s. Just need to practicing launchin a little.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Would you tell me where that track is located, and if they have a website I could look up online? I have an 05 1k I would like to see what she can do. I take it the track is in WA right?

·
Registered
249 Posts
I ran [email protected] here in florida on a almost stock 600. All I had was a yoshi bolt on and BMC filter. That was my best run out of about 3 times ever running a bike. I was the same way, I have ran cars plenty of times but never bikes, its hardr than it looks. I do cut good lights as always in a car or a bike though, constant .500's on a .500 light. My 60 foot times were crappy to. But why dont you guys strap the front ends? It makes it alot easier to luanch. I bet your eat off atleast 2-3 tenths if you do it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Would you tell me where that track is located, and if they have a website I could look up online? I have an 05 1k I would like to see what she can do. I take it the track is in WA right?
The track is in Auburn/Kent the website is Pacific Raceways We are going down there again May 4th if you want to join us, its a Wednesday I believe, just a test and tune day, should be a lot of fun. PM me if you wanna come I'll give you the details and whatnot.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Anyone know of how much power is lost at a mile high? I am up here in colorado, and the local drag strip (Bandimere Raceway) is even somewhat in the mountains... LUCKY! Is it a 10% loss or am i just making up a number? I had a buddy on a fully stock 02 600 who finally got it to 11.8 but i am not sure of any of his reaction times or any of the progressive down the track times. Oh yeah, he had a K&N, but i have only heard bad things about those filters and losing power... maybe he could have ran a tad better? No idea?

As far as the guy who initially posted... how old are you guys? Just curious... i am also looking to run my bike this summer and hope to be in the 10's... is this a prayer at my altitude and mods (refer below)?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
637 Posts
with your mods, not on the bottle, you would be running mid 10's in texas, you should be able to hit a high 10 in colorado. the things you heard about power losses in the kn filter was for r-1's, not the gsxr

·
Registered
122 Posts
Anyone know of how much power is lost at a mile high? I am up here in colorado, and the local drag strip (Bandimere Raceway) is even somewhat in the mountains... LUCKY! Is it a 10% loss or am i just making up a number? I had a buddy on a fully stock 02 600 who finally got it to 11.8 but i am not sure of any of his reaction times or any of the progressive down the track times. Oh yeah, he had a K&N, but i have only heard bad things about those filters and losing power... maybe he could have ran a tad better? No idea?

As far as the guy who initially posted... how old are you guys? Just curious... i am also looking to run my bike this summer and hope to be in the 10's... is this a prayer at my altitude and mods (refer below)?

Thanks all!
We're all 20. Well the 2 gixxers are 20 the kid with the cbr is only 19 haha

1 - 20 of 22 Posts