Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night in Brooklyn NY. A NYC fire truck hit a motorcyclist at an intersection. The traffic stopped for it as did the rider, but he flipped over the handle bars trying to stop and was hit by the truck. He was lucky to have survived the impact. Be Careful At Intersections, Ride Safe...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/local/story/321352p-274832c.html

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Damn that sucks!

·
Registered
127 Posts
well at least for once the rider didnt beat the ems to the scene of the crash! but yeah he is lucky

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nice how the headline is "Biker crashes into fire truck" yet the article reads that the truck ran down the bike that had stopped.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice how the headline is "Biker crashes into fire truck" yet the article reads that the truck ran down the bike that had stopped.
Nice catch JP1. I didn't even realize that. Thats messed up.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Nice catch JP1. I didn't even realize that. Thats messed up.
Yeah I was going to say something to. Pretty funny, they are allways trying to give us a bad name.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thats not what the article says, this is what it says: "He flipped over his handlebars, slid underneath the fire truck and was dragged 20 feet, fire officials said." The guy sliding under the fire truck and the truck running down the bike are two completely diffrent things. The paper says "the rider stopped abruptly" so seeing how the guy flipped over the handle bars he probably lost control. Its an unfortunate accident but without taking sides seeing how i ride and am also a fire fighter i have a diffrent view on it. Where i live is completely diffrent from NYC but its amazing how many people arent paying attention and cant see the huge fire truck with all the lights and sirens comming down the road. So it sounds like like the rider wasnt paying attention stopped abruptly and lost control and slid underneath the truck. The fire dept did a hell of a job realizing he got under the big truck somehow and stopped while only dragging him 20 feet.

·
Registered
297 Posts
wow, thats the first time i've heard of somebody getting hit by a firetruck. and damn is he lucky. i wonder how fast he was going to have to flip over the handlebars and end up under the fire truck?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts